Still enjoy sot

• Does anyone honestly still enjoy sot?

Views
  • Yup.

Forum says this post needs more than 8 characters.

But yup.

• Absolutely. Also, you picked a very biased place to ask. 😅

• @Sam-Bell3358
    i seriously like to play this game and have fun - for over 2 years now!

• Whilst I don't play anywhere near as often as I used too, I do however always enjoy the sessions I do play.

• Absolutely. One of the best games I have ever played. It would easily make my top 5 and I grew up in the Atari and NES age so my experience comes from all the classic innovating and groundbreaking games that shaped the world of gaming. SoT is in that category. Very unique and all its own.

• It's my favourite game.
    I literally bought my xbox just for this game.

• yes, but i want to see capitancy update at least

• 2+ years in an i still play daily, mostly for the giggles and relaxed vibes it provides.
    I can however see how many would and probably have become bored with it.

• I just purchased the game, been playing for almost a week now, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE GAME! Of course there are a few suggestions I would like to see implemented, BUT, I absolutely love the game so far.

I would love to be able to play 3 players on a sloop.
    I would love to be able to have 4 players on a brigantine.
    I would love to be able to que in matchmaking with 5 players.

I absolutely love the sloop, and how cozy it is, and think it's just the best ship in the game IMO, so I would love to be able to play with all my friends on the sloop BUT, I do see how broken it would be if it allowed 4 players, 3 though I think would be fine.

• @venomous-sloth7 Well said! I’m in the same boat as you and completely agree.

• If yer not enjoyin', you're doing it wrong

• A little bit of a troll thread?

I absolutely still enjoy this game and play it almost every night. I would assume that most players reading this do, otherwise they would be wasting their time on a game specific forum for a game they don't enjoy?

• @sam-bell3358 yes, still do

• @sam-bell3358
    Yes , Sir , i still have fun because i take the true way this game was developed for to my Heart . i can't explain as i'm just one of those that try to write English but failed through the years but watch a few older You Tube videos with a certain Mr Mike Chapman , if he can't motivate you to dive into an adventure , well , then no one can...

• This game gives me the best sense of escape I've found, and goes very far in staving off the dread for my lack of real salt water and sand for now. Been here since the beginning and have always loved it.

Its really nice how many updates we've gotten and how we've been able to grow with the quality of life in the game.

• @sam-bell3358 of course almost everyone on the forum still enjoys the game as do I.

But it is a bit different than your traditional game in terms of this. You get a lot more freedom so you have to find your own way to enjoyment.

• @sam-bell3358 Definitely. Originally bought the game as a second thought like "eh. I'll try it. If I don't like it, I'll return it."

Still continue to love it.

Every single session is different.

• Very much so!

• I started enjoying it once stopped being so voyage focused. My funnest moments on this game is just sailing around and finding what I run into.

• @theshaman73 really? Never fixed bugs, nerfed the reaper bones so much its not fun no more, killed solo play with revive and the flags
    Not mention the abuse from other players

• @bugaboo-bill really? I'm a day one player and I'm done with it, never fixed bugs, nerfed the reaper bones, killed solo play, give away time limited cosmetics which they said they never do, no fun no more

• @sam-bell3358 I absolutely do. I am a day one player, and have met a group of people i have been friends with for over a year now.
    We play this every week, and we are still having fun.

From what it sounds like, you do not enjoy the game anymore, and you are hoping people jump on the hate bandwagon. I hate to break it to you, but it does seem like there are alot of people who still enjoy this game. And with SoT coming to Steam, we are gonna see a ton more people enjoy it too.

My best advice to you @Sam-Bell3358 is to walk away. If you are truly upset at how the game is, and you are not having fun anymore, move on. And I mean that with the upmost respect. There is no point in continuing to play something you can't stand. Making posts like this will not help in anyway. You are just trying to derive people from having fun on a game. That is what it is at the end of the day, a GAME.

• NO, I HATE IT. I JUST PLAY IT TO TORTURE MYSELF...!!!!!!!!!11

°snort°

• My answer is : Yes

• @sam-bell3358

The bugs i occur arent gamebreaking for me.
    The exclusive cosmetics they give away i dont care that much.
    I have cosmetics i like and i wanted to dress my pirate with.
    I dont care what others have tbh.
    If everybody would look like me ok, but thw only exclusive i wear is the day one eyepatch. Everything else i use is obtainable by playing the game. I maybe put on an old exclusive livery, but i have a new combination that i like a lot.
    Eagle Figurehead from Merchants
    Omen hull
    OoS Cannons, Anchor and Wheel.
    I use the Athena weapons and tools while dressed like a Bilge Rat.

Reapers, who or what are Reapers, they flee and sink all the time XD

I dont care for the nerf as i dont work it off, but let it happen by the way.

What else? Ah the soloing.
    Well i dont see it's broken, Reviving is a great feature for this MP game.
    I barely sail solo, Reviving does not harm me, nor MP neither solo.

• I still enjoy the game, but had to take a massive break from it after playing non-stop for 2 years. I'll return to the seas some day. For now its been a relief to take a break from it.

• No matter how frustrated I get with this game because I love it I will always enjoy it. Sometimes I take a break from it but always find my way back.

• This seems like a really weird place to ask this question.

• No definatly not. I used to love this Game. Started one Year ago i think. Its just getting more Toxic every Update... Yeah yeah ..i get it...its a Pirate Game. But for real - im trying to practise PVP a lot but all this" pro bunny hopping double gunner spawn camper" not making it easy. You dont even get an Option to do anything! Since the last Update its so horrorble that i barely touched the game after i archieved my goal for Athenas. I really would like to have private Server to at least get a Chance to practise?! Arena is so laggy i cant get anything done there either. There is a lot more work needed , its unplayable even with a good connection. (Xbox)

• ye its also for my taste to much pvp, from the last 7 athene runs i made it to three emissary quest and brought 1 legendary chest home ...i lost over 10 hours of gameplay its to much to enjoy a game ,give us solo servers(for balance) or dont judge a solo player while pvp battle with a kraken and skelliship with anchorballs? who enjoys those rng stuff in a pvp battle its not fun or epic its just annoying .....im sure they lose a lot of players cause when u have bad luck u play tons of hours with no progress no gamer enjoys this....

• @sam-bell3358 it's a great game and really one of a kind...but yes, I'm bored of it to be honest and the decision making by Rare hasn't helped things. They constantly change the meta and negate the time we've put into the game to learn and master it. It's exhausting. I haven't played much in the past few months...I just come here to see what they've added and what they are looking to add to insiders. Again, awesome game but I've enjoyed the break.

• Obviously some people still do.

But I am playing it less and less. I think that Rare made a lot of poor choices along the way. And the game never reached the potential it could have had.

It's only a matter of time until some other company does this concept better. But for the time being SoT is still unique.

• @weedstar-deluxe true. I think the same. I guess a lot of new Player never touch it anymore after getting no real change to fight against people. Its just too hard. Im not as bad in PVP but still often get overrun by people who seem to have autoaim or whatever.
    The Community and Player base would grow a way better with a less toxic way to enjoy the game .

Well...still playing it anyways 😂

Views
1 out of 34