Crew size increase!

• A crew of 4 is nice but what about people who actually have a lot of friends? Could their be a new arena game mode like...idk...fleet wars? Oh! Better idea! Guilds (fleets)! You can make your own banners, ship paints, customizations galore!

Added to this we need to ability to identify what server we are on so I can alliance with my friends in other crews. I get people dont have a lot of friends that play the same games but there is huge portion of your gaming population that have more then three friends that want to raid and plunder! Imagine the battles that could be had with 3 fleets of ships going at it!

And optimization shouldnt be a problem anymore with the release of unreal engine 5! Even then....I'm sure you can manage a fleet of 3 4man crews or ships =12 pirates wont be hard to handle with today's tech. Hell, I know you're using the windows online services and they scale to what you need!

So, what are your thoughts.

Fleets (guilds)
    More customization
    New arena mode (Fleet Wars!)
    Besides skeletons (you have some creative variants) but what about crab people, spirits, mega boars or massive snakes!

I love the idea of the game, and love the game in general. Just wish I could play with my community or make it easier to link up in servers to make alliances!

Views
    communitygeneralcompetition
  • This gets suggested all the time. The ships are set to the crew sizes they are for balance reasons so they aren't going to change those limits without introducing new, larger ship sizes and I don't really see a reason to so do.

We also don't need to make it any easier to set up alliance farm servers.

• @d3adst1ck
    I need someone to define what the (balance problem) is. Because if everyone could have 1 more man on a Gallion of a crew of 5 that'll be great! And fleets would add a new dynamic to the game. You cant deny that!

• @dustbunnyent The galleon is designed for 4 players. Adding 1 more player makes it easier to ensure you always have someone repairing, bailing, steering and/or shooting cannons with less need to prioritize which makes it much harder to sink.

• @d3adst1ck they may have "designed"it to be that way but doesnt make it correct. People change designs all the time. All I'm saying is there should be a mode where I can play with my community and not feel bad to tell my viewers or my friends I cant play with them because I already have a full crew

• @dustbunnyent said in Crew size increase!:

@d3adst1ck they may have "designed"it to be that way but doesnt make it correct. People change designs all the time.

Some designs never change, and this is likely one of them.

• @d3adst1ck well. I believe it's a design that should be opened up for inspection. There is room to open up for guilds or community ships

• @dustbunnyent They will need to add a new ship because @D3ADST1CK is right, the galleon was designed for 4 players so its balanced with the other ships so they will need to add a bigger ship that is harder to manage.

• Any ship that will be larger needs to be slower than the galleon in every way except with full tailwind and only equal to the galleon in that specific instance. 3 wheel turns each direction for maneuverability. 4 sails to manage. Perhaps 3 decks below cannon deck instead of the galleon's 2 with 2 of the 3 decks below the water line. THEN it might work as a 5-6 person ship.

Ships of that size would need to be slow, lumbering, and clumsy unless managed by a full 6 person crew that knows what they are doing otherwise it would just steamroll brigs and sloops too easily by sheer crew size.

• @kommodoreyenser see...I'm down for a new ship or just a "fleet" option and that can provide for a reason for larger bigger raids!...new content. To add to this. People who actually have friends should have an option to play with their friends. Without feeling guilty of kicking people out to make room.

Views
communitygeneralcompetition
9 out of 10