Pvp vs pve (private servers)

• @supersnipper60 said in Pvp vs pve (private servers):

@xultanis-dragon When's the book coming out? That last post was a read. And it's to a one-post wonder pirate too!

Pffffftttt, you must be new. All my posts are long winded short stories. You come to the forums to post but you stay for the short stories lolol.

Honestly I've done those types of posts to a lot of 1 and dones. Don't know why I keep doing it. Probably because I know players will read the post eventually and we make sure they see other side of it I guess?

• @xultanis-dragon Nah I've been here long enough. It's fun to reply to one post wonders and realize that they don't really listen after posting their salt. It really shows you what they are really like.

• @xultanis-dragon said in Pvp vs pve (private servers):

@jonah-falcon

Yup, you have no idea what you are talking about.

That is talk from a PvE'er and from someone who doesn't actually understand communities at large or MMO's, or the differences between this game and other games.

You talk about bloodthirsty? The harshest game out is EvE Online. That game has been out since 2003 and is one of the most unforgiving games for new comers, but guess what, that game is still going strong to this day.

PvP is a niche?? Really? Then why are the best and most profitable games on the market PvP games? CoD, Battlefield, even Star Wars Battlefront 2 is making a come back.

No one in Everquest thought the game would last forever, no one thinks their game will last forever. Every game will eventually die out. The fact that you try to say PvP'ers are the reason the game will die is ignorant. Games die because graphics get outdated and yes like you said something better comes along.

A game will always die when players find something better. The sad thing for you is that PvE casuals will always hop to the new thing regardless of how much they are catered to. If you want proof look at WoW. PvE players finally got bored and stopped playing and the game has never been as popular as it once was.

You cater to the demographic you are aiming for. You don't try to cater to everyone, you especially don't try to cater to PvE casuals that will just leave whenever their feelings get hurt.

PvE servers will kill this game. PvE players need to just "git gud" and learn how to play a game for once instead of crying all the time.

EDIT I just solo'd 2 brigs the other night and a 4 man galleon on a sloop by myself. The only competition I had was against another duo sloop that was almost as good as I was but I still out played them.

This is a game and we are having fun. You can have fun too if you stop demanding everything to be done your way. Its like playing checkers and telling everyone you play by different rules because you are bad with the original game.

You can play your way, within this game. However, when you start trying to dictate how the game should change to better suit your selfishness then we have problems.

Learn to play the game and get better at it.

smh

• @mango22 said in Pvp vs pve (private servers):

I am 100% down for this. I'd happily pay a one time fee, monthly fee or whatever it is no matter the cost to have private servers. I used to love this game and put many hours in it, but since stopped due to the growing toxic nature of pvp. Constantly, I was getting hunted down and harassed by other crews. It would also happen at the most inconvenient times when I'm just trying to enjoy the Tall Tales and engross myself in the unique story missions and lore. People would go out of there way to continue to follow me for hours on end and ensure that I don't complete the missions. I can't recall a time where this hasn't happened. On top of that they'd like to verbally harass me as well, but at least I could fix that with the mute option.

PvP is not toxic. It is the actions of verbally belittling or abusing that is toxic. The act of killing someone in Sea of Thieves is not toxic, but the act of verbally abusing the loser about being killed is toxic. The only way to be harassed in this game is verbal. They probably didn't know what you were doing, so they attacked you. Players see ships and go after them. Once they attack the ship then they might realize that they had already sunk them before. Good job on muting the verbal players.

If private servers were to come into the game, they should only be for content creators.

• @mango22 I'm OK with PvE only servers, but they must give no gold, rep, commendations, doubloons, or cosmetics so that players can only get them in the standard servers. That way, there won't be any farmers, and it could be seen as a 'trial run.'

Views
246 out of 252