What is your favorite Sea of Thieves memory?

• Whether it is your first adventure, or your 2,482nd, what is your favorite adventure?

Mine would be the first day I played the game. I loved the scenery, the colors, the music, basically everything. I sailed around, anchoring at islands just to see them, and I figured out why you don't sail into the Shroud pretty quickly. The difference between when I first played and when I play now is astronomical. I have made many memories in this game, but the first day is my favorite.

What's your favorite adventure?

Views
  • @supersnipper60

I will always have a soft spot for the first time I played. It was so much fun discovering the world and what your ship was like. It really felt like I was a pirate on a sailing vessel.

A more recent memory was when my friends and I were on a galleon trying to turn in loot from a fort to the reapers hideout. Another fully crewed and organized galleon intercepted as we arrived at the hideout. We used our mega keg to wipe out two of their masts and half of their crew, then pummeled them until they finally sank. They had a lot of loot onboard (overconfident much?), but the survivors gave us such a hard time (trying to escape on a rowboat, using the hideout cannons to harass us) that by the time we finished loading all the loot up and moving closer to the hideout, they had returned in a fresh galleon. It was storming so we didn't see them until the last second. They rammed us, we destroyed their masts with our last chainshots. We disengaged to get a clear shot, but they rotated their ship to keep us in their firing arc. After a lot of broadsides, both ships were crippled and out of cannonballs. We exchanged sorties for a while, before we discovered three fully stocked cannonball crates amidst the loot we took from them. That was a fun "evil grin" moment- we used their own cannonballs to finish them off. We came out of that engagement with a huge sense of exhilaration (and 175,000 gold)

Here's the thing: big moments like this happen semi-regularly, so I'll likely have a new "favorite memory" in another month or so. That is Sea of Thieves' true strength as a game.

• Spending 3 hours collecting a ship full of loot. Go to one of the islands with a cave (Devils Ridge), spend another hour or so unloading into said cave.

Now..patiently wait for a ship to sail up, and act out the misadventures of a lost pirate, stranded on an island by his crew, but what they forgot was I said crewmate held all the treasures.

Some were good sports and "helped" the stranded pirate.
    others didnt care and killed the pirate. Those who helped were introduced to a new form of Role Playing. xD

All this durning the first few months of the game.

• @supersnipper60
    My favorite Sea of Thieves memory dates more than a year ago. The Forsaken Shores had only just been discovered. As Stitcher Jim became notorious as the betrayer of Morrow's crew, new players sought to find fortune in the newly discovered seas.

I had been sailing on a sloop carrying crates of rum, cloth and plants around, looking to make a fortune from the Merchant Alliance. While sailing by Morrow's Peak outpost, I spotted a brigantine which had anchored besides its shores. Not sure what they were up to, I called out to them using my speaking trumpet.
    Soon they responded with a voice of true landlubbers; they had only just started sailing the Sea of Thieves.
    I asked them if they wanted to form an alliance. They quickly replied yes, and after being taught how to raise a flag on their mast we flew blue-colored pennants on our ships.

We both went on with our business. I kept hauling cargo while my alliance discovered the islands of the Devil's Roar. Being an alliance, we all made a good buck from my activities as a merchant.

Later that day, I saw my allied brigantine sailing north of Devil's Thirst. They had been doing some ashen voyages and had hoarded quite a bit of ashen chests and skulls. My quest led me to the same outpost I had met my allies earier.
    While I was collecting rum bottles ordered by Wild Henry from Crook's Hollow, I spotted a large ink stain in the water to the south-east. Curious as to what kind of prey the Kraken had targeted, I used my spyglass to discover that the ship had a blue pennant: the Kraken had targeted my alliance!

Knowing how dangerous the Kraken can be (especially to landlubbers), I dropped my cargo and raised my anchor. I sailed towards my allies as fast as I could while the Kraken was lashing out at their hull.

Once I arrived, their blue alliance flag had already become soaked in dark-grey inky seawater. My allies had spotted my ship, however, and began swimming over their loot that had come floating up to not get swallowed by the horror underneath the waves.

When all the loot was on board, we sailed towards the outpost. I anchored, dropped my allies and their ink-stained loot on the pier, and went on my merry way. After all: my cargo was running late!

A year later, I met one of my alliance members while he was sailing on a galleon. Me and my crew had become seasick of sailing the seas for five hours straight. We had some leftover loot, and met a galleon which had been victorious in a battle with another ship.

We approached their ship, which made them suspicious. But after calling out to them that we meant no harm using the speaking trumpet, they dropped their anchor to take our loot on board. We sailed alongside them towards Sanctuary outpost, where they handed in what we had plundered the hours prior to that time.

Afterwards, both crews shared a grog at 'The George & Kraken' tavern, reminding eachother how the best Sea of Thieves memories are made: by sharing the experience together.

• @supersnipper60

there are many, the most outstanding ones were the hungering Deep event and what hapened there when we parked at sharkabait at merricks place and then waited for 5 other galleones to come, all played music, some shoot each other, but not seriously killing the other crew or want to sink them, then got the tune on all 5 ships played while we sailed to N15 it was iirc and fought the meg, 2 sunk, they survived and manned up the ther galleones and in the end we did it.

Thrones event at Marauders Arch - oh my, we had so much laughing at each other... iirc 4 galleones were around that day trying to shoot ourselves and someeone from another crew on the throne.

the week we did all Tall tales in succession for the first time.
    We were 4 players and played every tall tale together within a week or so, very much fun and great experience!
    We did not use any spoilers or helps.

• My favorite adventure had to be when Wanda first summoned the skeleton ships I met and formed a crew that has sailed together ever since to this day, we hit pirate legend within the same day have pretty much the same exact kills on skeleton ships etc etc good stuff !

• Did my gilded legends voyage on a sloop in a alliance with a galleon there captain a short fat welsh man who trapped us within smugglers bay when we had the treasure in our hold they laid down massive cannon fire as we tried to ram through our faithful sloop sank and they slayed us in the water

• @supersnipper60 first was great but my best was the first time taking on fort of the damned. The adventure was so good that the fort was actually the low point. I could go on a while but Basically the whole server was involved in an alliance but we were still trying to kill each other.

• Oh the first time I went to the shores of gold, it was sush a amezing experience.

• I have so many beautiful memorys.

°
    Sailing the sea's when there were nothing out for me on the sea's pve wise.
    Kraken was not hungry for sloops back then, Ghostships didn't spawn and there was no meg.

There was just the background ambience of being on the open sea's and the shipwrecks.
    Oh my god did I loved shipwrecks back then. I always wondered what I would find in there?
    People were even worse at boarding back then and my ship was never sunk or looted in PvP back "in the good old days".
    Nowadays possible adversaries can be way more capable but back then it were nice and peaceful times. ( ´‿`)

°
    Then came the events... and my most exciting memory was when we defeated the timelimited Skeletonfleet in the Wilds back then with around 10 people.
    Do not remember the ships we used anymore but it was a blast.
    Some people made a group foto at Galleons Grave from back then. Next time I will surely remember to make a screenshot as well.

°
    My first fort steal, my first fleet battle steal, my first FOTD steal... and how I earned the most desired 'Legendary Thief' title during a sudden jackpot of +5 stolen Athenas from a crew which made the FOTD several times.
    Hope the Sea of Thieves continue to live and breath. May steam give us new companions... and unsuspecting prey to look forward to. =)

• My favourite memory was when the idiot devs decided to add the shrouded ghost into the commendations and made it impossible to get...

• Hungering Deep

Views
1 out of 12