MORE SHANTIES!!!!!

• Please give us more shanties to play with our crews. I know there are tons in the public domain, like Drunken Sailor that are super popular and could bring some refreshing feels for instruments. We only have a small selection as it is and it most likely wouldn't require too much code. I believe this is someone everyone could enjoy.

Views
  • @nemesistc90 if you listen closely, We Shall Sail Together, is to the tune of Drunken Sailor!

• Totally agree. I think you should unlock more progressively as you progress in trading companies, Tall Tales, and Athena. I particularly like the password shanty for the Legend hideout, its be cool to play it whenever. I always hoped they'd add vocals to the shanties, so your pirates would sing along with them.

• More shanties please

• Plus you could sell shanties in the pirate emporium I'd buy them

• @captaincow6380 said in MORE SHANTIES!!!!!:

Plus you could sell shanties in the pirate emporium I'd buy them

I was about to suggest that. Most people I know would. Sea of Thieves is a game that evolves around your crew. Finding more ways to strenghten that bond is a must for it. Shanties are a great way and they are awesome the way they implemented them. I trully believe it would be a good investement of time and effort.

• @nemesistc90 Agreed!

I'd love to hear some like Joli Rouge and Health to the Company

• This may not be as easy as it seems. I know MIDI files exist and can facilitate playing songs using a variety of sounds, but the tune has to be done in a way that sounds good in several combinations. The main melody has to be possible whistling, on a banjo, hurdy gurdy, and so on. Then the harmonies, counterpoint, etc. all also have to work together as players drop in and out with their own instruments. A competent musician could do it. I’d be surprised if one or more of the posters here couldn’t do something cool. My point is that it isn’t just a matter of plugging in a MIDI file of some public domain songs without it sounding terrible.

• As this thread was almost 6 months old and revived today, it will now be locked.

A general reminder to all, please avoid reviving threads aged past 30 days, as it is considered a necro, and is against our Forum Rules.

Bumping Threads
    Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting very old threads is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Views
1 out of 9