Sea of Thieves New Update Books of Lore

• Sea of Thieves Books of Lore

Tl:Dr

You can bury your earned treasure, hand in your Book of Lore and make double the money.

The General Idea

So everyone that played the game lost some treasure and they usually want it back.

On the Defender's Side: This will add a new mechanic which increases the amount of gold you can get plus if you lose your treasure it will give you more time to get it back from the people who sunk you.

On the Attacker's Side: This will possibly allow the Defending team to stockpile on loot for you to steal.

The Specifics

So you've amassed a significant hoard and would like more than what the Gold Hoarder's have to offer. With this update a new faction 'The Lore Keepers' would sell you a Lore book (similar to TT books) but with blank pages for you to shape your legacy. With the treasure you already have, you will receive an extended adventure where you'll have to bury your treasure once more but this time it is signed under your name! Once you take your treasure to a designated island which is determined by the Book of Lore you can bury one piece of treasure in there. If you do so, the Book of Lore generates an 'X marks the spot' map on the first page of your Book of Lore and it creates a new 'Blank Page' with instructions on where you can dig your next piece of treasure. Once you're done digging all of your treasures, you can hand in your Book of Lore to gain double the amount of gold for every buried piece of treasure.

Unfortunately on your way back a mighty sloop outsmarted your crew and sunk you, stealing your precious book of treasures. They now have the chance to steal everything that you've buried, but they'd have to dig them back up again! Since you and your crew buried them in the first place, you will now have an advantage on the knowledge side of things. You can either go back and attack them, hide in an island you know where there's a really good piece of treasure, or you can wait at the nearest outpost for an all out war.

Visuals

On the visual side of things the Book of Lore can change visually as follows by burying treasure based on these factors:

Gold Based

0-2500: Plain Weathered, Leatherbound Journal

2501-5000: Sturdy Leatherbound Journal that deserves a slap

5001-10,000: Black Journal with Golden Adorments etc.

10k1g-20k: Skeletal Journal with emeralds and golden teeth.

20k1g-100k: Black Ashen Journal with flaming gems all around (Similar to the Magma's Grail)

100k1g-500k: Ghost Journal similar to Athena gear. (If you want to add a serious fear factor, make this level and beyond trackable like the FotD key)

500k1g-1mil: A Book of Lore that resembles the design of the Wonderous Box of Secrets, maybe can also have a chipped off piece from the Shrouded Ghost.

Treasure Based

Initial: Plain Weathered, Leatherbound Journal

If you have any loot: Sturdy Leatherbound Journal that deserves a slap

If you have any fort loot: Skeletal Journal with emeralds and golden teeth.

If you have any Athena chests buried: Ghost Journal similar to Athena gear.

If you have any Reaper chests buried: A slick Black Journal with a few Skeletal runes on it resembling the Reaper chests. (If you want to add a serious fear factor, make this level trackable like the FotD key)

(The issue for the treasure based visuals is I have no idea which visual should be prominent over which)

This update wouldn't be a Mega-Update, instead it would be a Fort of the Damned scale of an update.

If you've read this far, thanks and I hope you liked the idea. Please considering commenting your thoughts and sharing a link to this thread for more people to chip in their thoughts.

Also upvote the post!

Views
    communitygeneraleventscompetition
  • Seems too tedious, detailed, and overblown if you ask me - too many extra steps. The way it is now is so much simpler! Once you lose it, you lose it, so don't lose it! 😉

Want more gold? Visit the Drvil's Roar or the Reaper's Hideout (but accept twice the risk).

• @galactic-geek You can't hand in every treasure at the Reaper's Hideout, plus this idea is for people confident in going the extra mile. If you have some constructive criticism go ahead and post it. You just seem to disagree on nearly everything I say lol.

• @capt-soul-beard said in Sea of Thieves New Update Books of Lore:

@galactic-geek You can't hand in every treasure at the Reaper's Hideout, plus this idea is for people confident in going the extra mile. If you have some constructive criticism go ahead and post it. You just seem to disagree on nearly everything I say lol.

It's true that you can't hand in everything at the RH, because you can only hand in the best of items, and there's a reason for that - it ensures that if you're going to go after them or prepare an ambush at that location, the payout will likely be worth the effort.

Pirates are already going the extra mile by accepting the risk of going to the RH or the DR. It's a lot less needlessly complicated.

As for me disagreeing with you, it's only because I question how much thought you actually put into it, particularly regarding the bigger picture. In this case, you're not factoring the complexity and redundancy of your idea.

Besides, as a fellow Insider, you should know that [redacted].

Views
communitygeneraleventscompetition
3 out of 4