Player Skipping

• Hi, I've recently started Sea of Thieves and have been having issues with glitches/skipping. During gameplay my character will frequently skip around the map. Seems to happen at any time. Running around island. Onboard the ship I will instantly switch levels of the deck. Sometime my character will all the sudden be on the ship and then at the bottom of the ocean. Occurs with fighting skeleton as well which makes it very difficult. I've checked my internet connection at home and there seems to be no issues on my end. I live alone using no other streaming devices while playing and my internet speed is about 60megabits/second. This does not occur with any other online games on my Xbox One only with Sea of Thieves. Any help on how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Views
  • Turn on the in game ping counter to see your actual turnaround time to the SoT server. You almost certainly have a poor connection (or are in close proximity to someone with a poor connection) to the SoT server if you are seeing this. Doesn't mean it is you internet connection is bad per say. Servers are just slammed right now. Pandemic and all. It would be nice to see them increase capacity/bandwidth for SoT during this time of high traffic but idk if that is feasible.

• Just chiming in that I have been having the same problem. I’ve played 5-6 times a week for the last year and rubber banding had rarely been an issue. Over the last two days it has been horrible. I have two teens in the house that play during the day on a multitude of 1st person shooters and have had no problem. So It doesn’t seem like the internet. Like what was said above, one minute I’m on the boat the next I’m in the water. Bouncing around a lot all over the place.

• Covid related maybe? Surge of use on Azure servers?

Views
1 out of 4