Storm tracking

• Is there a way to track the exact path a storm will be taking? Ive been trying to go for my blackcloud wrecker commendations and have been having trouble guaging where the storm will be going once i get infront of it and wait at a shipwreck only for it to head in another direction. Any help will be appreciated

Views
  • @death-metal-jef Ahhhh yes. The dreaded Black Cloud Wreckers. Sadly there isn't a way to track it or a set path it takes. For me I will get to where I think I am in front of the storm just a bit past where rain is starting to fall and check to see if there is a shipwreck. I will then keep an eye on the edges of the storm against a landmark in the background to see which way it's moving. You can also see if you can tell which way the actual cloud is shifting but it's a bit more difficult that way. Once I start getting hit by rain or notice by watching the storms edge it is moving another way I will move to where I believe I'm in front of it again and rinse and repeat this method. This may be the method you already use. Personally I have found that when I try to catch them on purpose that Rare and it's ever seeing eye hit's the "oh no your not" button and I can't find anything. I have actually had better luck by just making sure I have the bait needed and going about my business doing something else. Seems I run into more shipwrecks and the storm runs in to me more that way. I have noticed that if the storm is near the Fort of the Damned or Reapers Hideout that it will almost always pass over them. I will keep an eye out for shipwrecks around these places if I notice the storm moving towards these areas. Reapers Hideout will have a shipwreck spawn just north of it decently often and FotD will have a shipwreck spawn just north east of it and one spawn south west of it between Stephens Spoils and Snake Island decently often. Though these are not guaranteed they are things I've notice tend to happen just a bit more commonly in my travels. I really mean just a bit as well. Also if you spawn in or are at Galleons Grave and there is a storm near or headed that way a shipwreck will spawn just a bit more often right to the east of the outpost. If you spawn in there you can jump onto the back of your ship and look that way and see the birds or the wreck if it's above the water. Once again all this is just slightly more common occurrences that I've noticed but by no means happen all the time. Hope this helps. Best of luck catching these. It's a bit of a grind for sure!

• I has the same experience as @Venomous-Sloth7 in regards to trying to get ahead of the storms. It would be coming right for us only to change direction at the last second... This would happen 90+ percent of the time and is beyond frustrating.

I always tell others when they ask for advice on fishing that if they see a shipwreck near a storm, drop what they are doing if they can and try to get those Blackcloud Wreckers. It seems to come a lot easier when you aren't actively trying to hunt them, but rather doing your own thing and keeping an eye on the storm along with any wrecks you stumble across, and then hitting them up when/if the opportunity strikes.

Another thing to try would be to hop and scope the area from the outpost to see if there is a wreck near a storm, but I preferred to sail and do my own thing before this as you get more accomplished.

• @death-metal-jef you could just follow the Drunker Angler around. As we do not fish, we rarely want to storm around. So of course it is perpetually right in top of us.

• @archangel-timmy Isn't it amazing how the storm turns last minute. Once again, Rare and their all seeing eye! @DEATH-METAL-JEF As @Archangel-Timmy and I had mentioned about having better luck if your not looking for them, I just jumped on for a bit after making the post to you. Had gathered some earthworms just in case but was doing something else. Went to turn in stuff at an outpost, seen the storm close by and noticed a shipwreck. Ended up getting 4 Black Clouds. Only 4 away from not having to worry about them any more! Yet I said the same about splashtails and then they did that splashtail event soooo...yeah! 😂

• @death-metal-jef
    Now you can track the storm

Views
1 out of 6