What is your most “Capt. Jack Sparrow” moment(s)?

• I’ll start: I was doing the ashen keys voyage(yes this was a long time ago) and I noticed a brig coming from Shark Bait Cove. It took me a few seconds to either shoot or just sail by. I was going to just sail past them, but whoosh! A cannonball comes sailing past. As they missed more and more shots, i managed to hit them a few times as they flew past. I kept sailing, and the followed. I turned around Lookout Point(?) and jumped off to board. Of course I was killed right away. I respawned and attempted to thread thieves haven approaching from the west. I got stuck at the dock (remember this). They stupidly followed me. I loaded up on firebombs and fruit and ammo and jumped off. After killing all three of them many times, lighting their ship on fire, and filling the lower deck with water, they scuttled. As they tried to kill me, they took MY firebombs and lit THEIR ship on fire. They even harpooned me and missed three blunders. I finished killing and sinking them and returned to my ship. It was stuck. I couldn’t move it at all. I rowboated to a small island to the north of Thieves haven(booty island?) and decided to return to my new ship via mermaid. Tl;dr: destroyed a brig.

Views
  • I have more tales if wanted.

• my most capt jack sparrow moment was... a year ago??
    where me and my crew got the megaladon stuck on plunder outpost somehow where we proceded to ram the shark untill it eats sand!
    sooo... we rammed it once, anchored ontop of it then proceded to sell our loot while the ship sank...
    at this point both the ship and that shark was ON the island

• My moment was in open crew a couple weeks ago. I spawned in, with my crew retreating from a fleet battle, due to no supplies. A sloop was trying to fire at us as well, before they too retreated to a sea-post nearby. I fired myself towards them, as our ship was sinking. The sloop circled back into the fleet after we sank to resume the battle.

I swam out to towards them, wanting to cause havoc. I missed their boat, but the skeleton galleon came right towards me. I waited on it's ladder, as the skalleon pummeled the sloop with cannons. They started retreating to the Reaper's Hideout. I lunged towards the sloop, boarding and killing both players. As their ship starts to sink, I turn towards the map table and almost have a heart-attack. They had an Athena Chest! I turn in the Athena at Reaper's, luck out with a rowboat, and take the rest of their loot to an outpost. They had three stronghold barrels, skulls, chests, and crates. It was a bountiful day for sure!

Tl;dr: I stole an Athena chest and plenty of loot from a sloop solo while in Open Crew :)

• @scallywagmango wow lol that puts all my stories to shame

• @scallywagmango Nice! I have one similar. I was duo slooping I’m open crew and we saw a brig a Snake Island. We attack them, and they sink. After waiting a few moments and thinking “great. We wasted cannonballs.” lo and behold: a glittering constellation from the deep comes up. We start furiously loading it onboard, and I spot the brig returning. The other dude jumps off into the water as I sail to Plunder. I watch their ship do a 180 toward me then go past it until the are going the opposite direction. I sail is to Plunder, and start cashing in. The other crewmate comes back and helps. After we’re three fourths done, the brig arrives. They try to attack us, we are still turning in as they miss their shots. We finish and fight them for a bit. I managed to kill a pirate mid lunge. He takes down the other two like a boss. He leaves and I don’t. I fight them for a bit, and they overpower me. They luckily didn’t get any treasure at all. We made about 11k off of that loot.

• @supersnipper60 Haha, what an experience! The sloop caught up to me after I turned the last piece of loot in, slamming their ship ashore. I tried to give them their sugar crate back, but they were just fuming trying to kill me :D

• After a 20 min chase the crew and i were thinking we were never going to catch up, dudes we was chasing btw jus completed a fort they was gaining distance an we were sailing against the wind, not the best position to be in while sailing the sea slug. Me an the crew knew this was a loosing battle and were about to call it quits my crew m8 started to vear off i took this opportunity. To take one last shot with myself as the cannonball we were already quite far so i didn't know if i was going to make it.

At this moment with a touch of doubt in my mind i fired myself out the cannon and landed right on there deck was immediately surprised. But luckily i had a blunder, to make up for my blunder, once i finished swabbing the deck with the pirates who called this ship there home . I immediately hit the anchor, the crew seeing this immediately performs a anchor turn an instantly starts raising the anchor every member doing the damndest to make sure this advantage was not squandered the wind catching the sails take the ship to max speed ,while this was happening, i was once again swabbing the deck with the now desperate pirates.
    Thankfully all fell to either blunder or blade my crew mates upon reaching the ship immediately started taking it apart with cannonfire all shots without fault, the crew i sent to have a reunion with jones had no chance to respawn. Upon seeing the loot reach the surface of the water along with a intact megakeg there was cheers all round the open crew i was sailing with asking how i did it i replied it was just luck. leaving out the times iv shot myself into peoples crows nest,

Suppose is a tale for another time

• @supersnipper60 While being chased around by a brig me and a bud spotted a rowboat just casually sailing towards an outpost filled to the brim with treasure, he stayed on the ship still running away from the brig while I jumped down killed the person rowing and took their loot to the outpost and sold it for ourselves, he wasn't even part of the brig chasing us, he was just some random dude rowing around in open waters. Not a very unique moment but I just thought it was funny how while being chased around our heads were still in making profit, also helps that it was during our first week in the game.

• @xxmcm300xx That’s funny! I wonder if he was on the ferry and said to himself, “Did I leave my lantern on?”

Views
4 out of 10