Sea of Thieves Installation Problems

• I don't really know where else to ask this, so here's the situation:
    A friend of mine purchased Sea of Thieves for me as a gift and we were able to play it together with me on a public computer and her on her desktop. Now, a year later, I have a new computer and we want to play Sea of Thieves together again but the microsoft store keeps saying that I don't own it. The records for my gaming account show that I have achievements from the game so I know that microsoft knows I was playing it at some point. How in the world do I solve this?

Views
  • So I'm thinking since she bought it you don't actually have the rights to the game. It was tied to your hardware. Im not sure though. but micrsoft has done things like that before. You are probably gonna have better luck with customer support. Did she buy you the copy on your account or did she buy it with her account and gifted it to you?

• @naynayso19 She bought it with her account and gifted it to me. I'll try customer support.

• @auderpop4797 sorry I couldn't be more help. As a thought though.

If one of you have a console you can use ultimate. The primary account would be the one you play on a pc. As long as the console is Set-up with that ultimate account as the primary. Any guest on your console can play all your memberships without even logging you in.

Not perfect, but an option.

Views
1 out of 4