Tips For A Returning Player?

• I haven't played the game in quite some time. Just looking for some tips with all the updates that I missed out on. It's been forever.

Views
  • @bigpete7978 What type of tips? There's new ammo that enhances player interaction

• @bigpete7978 also a returning player. (Day 1 player that came back with the whole covid shut down. So inactive roughly a year-ish) Here's what i can immediately point out.

-New ship: brigadine which is a 3 person ship. bigger than the sloop, smaller than the galleon. Alot of folks are finding this to be the go to now.

-Ammo types: cursed cannon balls, chainshot, and firebombs are now in game and can really change a fight. Cursed Cannonballs come in a variety of flavors including forcing cannons skyward, dropping anchor, etc. Firebombs do what it says on the tin: lights the enemy on fire and you watch as they burn to death. Fire is super strong right now as it takes a coordinated effort to not have your ship go up in smoke.

-Break the ship: Masts, Capstans, and helms can now be broken with enough damage and cost a lot of time and boards to properly fix. Damaged helm turns stupid slow, broken masts prevent movement. If the mast goes over, use the Sail length point to pull it back into place for you to board up.

-Tall Tales, Dubloons, and Fort of the Damned: All new content as the TT's are a proper story line to SoT and give a decent payout. very fresh and enjoyable i've found. Dubloons is an alternate currency that exists now to get some cosmetics, and theres a new mega-fort that requires alot to open up but pays alot.

-Mega kegs beware: new Stronghold kegs exist now. They blow with the power of like 4 normal kegs and can easily be a 1 hit sink on galleons if the crew aint paying attention. Approach with caution.

-reaper stuff: Beware the reaper chests and flag. Puts a big ol bullseye on your hide as EVERYONE on the server can see your location. The reaper flag is now getting called the "loot Pinata" flag. Use it at your own peril.

Other than that do some snooping and youll find that alot of the new stuff is real enjoyable. but this stuff should keep ya savvy for open crew.

• Are you A pirate legend 10? Don't bother with Athena voyages for Grinding. You can do fort of the Dammed much faster.
    Fort of the Dammed is a new special fort you need all the lanterns to do and a special ritual skull which can be found in ashen chests or you can buy a voyage for. Get a good crew and do this instead. Will save you tons of time.

Skeleton ships are easier

megladons have a base health based off the ship and number of players on it

Tall tales are for fun* and for unlocking cosmetics, not for earning gold

Doubloons are easy to get and can be used to by 1 level a month per faction, exchanging for gold (I don't recommend doing that) or buying items from duke in the tavern. You can get them from reapers chests and presents which you will find in forts.

Skeleton forts have been reworked and now have a miniboss at the end of them which gives a map for a rag and bone crate to deliver.

Reapers hideout is a new island where you can sell various items such as villainous skulls, silk crates and captain chests for twice the gold.

People run away much more now and seem afraid of combat.

There are barrels that float in the water and kegs can and will spawn in them so don't hit them or you will have some repairing to do.

Rowboats are a thing now and so are storage crates. Always grab them because they are filled with supplies.

Collectors chests can be used to transport 3 small items at a time and the chest can be sold to any faction for gold.

Ammo crates can be used to refill your guns ammo and can be sold to the merchant.

Views
3 out of 4