about the steam release

• First of all, I'm very glad SoT is coming to steam, and I really want to see how it affect the playerbase. Second, I play the game on PC windows 10 store with a game pass subscription and I was thinking of buying it, but now that I see this, now this does put a smile on my face since I love having all my games in one single platform.
    Now, I think we all PC players have some questions:

• Starting with those who have bought the game on windows store, will they be able to transfer their pirates for free or do they have to buy the game on steam? Something similar happened with GTA V if I remember correctly, you had to buy the game and then link your accounts.
    • For those who play it on windows 10 store BY OWNING A GAME PASS, (like say, me) Am I going to be able to transfer my pirate and my progress to steam or will I be forced to buy it on windows store to save up progress?

I know the game is going to still need to have a microsoft xbox account linked and all but I sincerely ain't sure if it will save my progress if buying it on steam.

Views
  • @unrealyors Ahoy matey!

If you want to play the game on Steam you will need to purchase it via the Steam Store. The two storefronts are two separate entities with no way of cross-checking who has a copy.

Once you have the game on either store you will log in with your existing Gamertag/Microsoft account and just carry on where you left off.

For any further questions/feedback please check out the thread below.

https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/112125/sea-of-thieves-coming-to-steam-discussion-and-feedback

Dropping anchor here to keep the place ship-shape!

Views
1 out of 2