Sea of Thieves Coming to Steam! Discussion and Feedback - Releasing June 3rd!

• Is there a specific time planned for the release? Does anybody know that?

• @mrfusselkopf lol the title must've been edited making your comment quite unfortunate.

• @mrfusselkopf 3rd. Unfortunately the community will be known as more and more toxic now yayyyyy.

• @boomtownboss I'm talkin' of a specific time on June 3rd.

• Do I have to re-buy it on Steam?

• @mattzigan Yes. If you want to play through Steam, you need to rebuy it.

• Please fix the compass issue on Steam. On every ship now, every once in a while it blanks out and points north. the handheld compass works, just not the one on the ship. Thank You!

• @musicmee No. Players on Xbox One and Windows 10 will not receive an entitlement to a free Steam copy.

LOL... Doing a great job man.
    This is pathetic...

• They should change the prizes of Ancient Coins packs to have the same prize on both platforms. People who bought the game on Xbox / Microsoft Store (players who have played the game for a longer time) have to pay more for the Ancient Coins than new people who bought their game on Steam.

Microsoft Store vs Steam prizes

• 150AC = €1,99 vs €1,85
    • 550AC = €5,99 vs €5,50
    • 1000AC = €9,99 vs €9,25
    • 2550AC = €22,99 vs €22,99
    • 4250AC = €34,99 vs €32,50
    • Splashtail Monarch Bundle = €16,99 vs €15,75
      Normal prizes (without Game Pass)

So... They should give us the game on Steam for free or they have to change their prizes for the Ancient Coins packs. This isn't fair for the community!

• I think adding the game to Steam is a great idea. It gives more attention to the game and gets new players to see what’s going on in the world of pirates! The Cost should be lowered a tad bit, maybe to $29.99 so that steam people could actually get a chance to buy and experience the game. I like the Steam idea, just lower the cost and the game should be reeling in new players like a fish in no time!

• Disappointing to read that PC players are not "entitled" to a copy on Steam.

Using Microsoft Store often results in broken downloads/updates with the game and patches. I couldn't even download the game without buying a VPN service, resetting the store 10 times, restarting the PC multiple times and regedit edits. A repair feature would be nice too like Steam has.

Microsoft UWP is another thing that results in a great bug where your have input lag and taskbar/app bar appearing when you move your mouse too fast.
    Can't even play the game with a dual monitor setup since it just spazzes out.
    Search the forums for "full screen" and/or "taskbar" in case you forgot about this bug.

144hz monitor for gaming and can barely reach stable fps or input in this windowed mode version because scared to accidentally close game again or launch whatever program is shortcutted on my taskbar. That's a lot of fun in tense PVE/PVP situations.

Making us pay another $40 for better performance and bugs that Rare ignored for 2+ years is absurd. It's not like we are connecting to Steam servers anyway.

You can connect your Steam account/purchase to your microsoft/xbox account but not the other way around to verify if you own a license to the game.
    Terrible implementation. Double dipping at it's finest.

O well, that's what we get for buying xbox games I guess.

• Can we compromise here? Why can't people who already own on Sea of Thieves on the undesirable Microsoft store get a notable discount on steam if they show proof of ownership? You still get some revenue from people swapping over, the people who don't care will stay on the Microsoft store and if they prefer buying on the Microsoft store rather than other platforms then they will continue to spend money there. People who set up an Xbox companion app account just to play Sea of thieves are not going to often buy on the Microsoft store unless they are again given no options. People are more likely to buy Sea of Thieves again if there is at least a discount for current owners rather then buying the full price unless they REALLY hate using the companion app.

• Some players are experiencing and issue with keybinds in the Steam version of the game. An example is not being able to use left alt and jump around at the same time. It's almost like it cancels it out. This isn't an issue through the Microsoft version either. It's specific to Steam. Does anyone have a similar issue or a fix for this? Is it something like using the Steam feature to 'repair' the game files?

• @nomezilla

@nomezilla said in Sea of Thieves Coming to Steam! Discussion and Feedback - Releasing June 3rd!:

Some players are experiencing and issue with keybinds in the Steam version of the game. An example is not being able to use left alt and jump around at the same time. It's almost like it cancels it out. This isn't an issue through the Microsoft version either. It's specific to Steam. Does anyone have a similar issue or a fix for this? Is it something like using the Steam feature to 'repair' the game files?

Also would like to note that reinstalling the game did nothing to help.

• Please fix the compass issue. Just ends up pointing north and is extremely annoying. players using Microsoft and Xbox don't experience this. Just Steam. Hand held compass works, the one built on your ship does not.

• I could say finally although I still play the game through Microsoft. I suppose I could get it again to track my hours current time but it does miss the amount of time put on the game pre and post launch. The memories are for a life time as some of the friends made have come and gone.

I'm still a huge SoTs fan, although the beginning was rough and the content was so little. I'm beyond happy to see it make it to seam, it is sure to increase the player/fan base.

Thank you Rare for such an incredible game, please keep it up and stick with your original statues of wanting this game to last 10+ years and become something huge and amazing, I will always and happily clear room on a few of my SSDs for this game.

• Modifications on the simplified Chinese translation are needed. The current version is incompleted and contains many mistakes. It is appreciated if more further works could be done to improve the Chinese players' experience.

• i have noticed recently that i am coming into contact with more new players than ever before. i know having more players breathes life into games but every player i come across never has a clue on what they are doing. being an exprienced player it is not satsifying to fight new players. i was just wondering if there could be a improvement to matchmaking so players of equivelent game time would play with eachother rather than dumping new players into the deep end with more experienced players.

• Hello, I have recently purchased Sea of Thieves on Steam. I've used to play the gamepass version. One thing I noticed is that the regional pricing for MTXs doesn't exist on the Steam version. I understand that maybe they cant be exactly the same due to Valve's cut, but the mismatch between them right now is ridiculously huge, and it forces me to keep the Windows Store version installed.
    Steam Version
    alt text

Windows store
    alt text

As you can see, in the steam version it can be 5 to 6 times more expensive which is just silly. Would it be possible for MS to fix this?

Views
229 out of 230