Shrouded ghost

• Hey guys

Been playing since alpha, pirate legend and all that, all tales completed 100%

BUT

The shrouded Ghost still eludes me, anyone know if there is a trick to spawning it?

Views
  • Sail around and be lucky thats the trick.

• @weakdexx ha I’ve probably logged well over a thousand hours by now!!

• @piggehhh Ahoy matey!

I'm in the same boat - excuse the pun! Thousands of miles sailed and hours - still yet to see the mythical beast!

Happy hunting!

• 24 million meters sailed. Every commendation and title in the game from launch unlocked, all except the shrouded ghost. :( #feelsbadman

• @satanicnemesis said in Shrouded ghost:

24 million meters sailed. Every commendation and title in the game from launch unlocked, all except the shrouded ghost. :( #feelsbadman

Same here, but only 20 million meters and almost all of the commendations.

Most of the players I find with the title have less than 5 million meters sailed, some less than 2!

• Does anyone know if the commendation for killing 5 has been unlocked by anyone? I think I remember one of the devs mentioning that the most is 2 kills, by a few different players, but that was awhile back.

• @piggehhh It is a myth... those that have the title just bribed Duke or tricked him while he had to much grog with a grand story, I am sure of it! I spent endless hours on the seas, in the shroud and nothing... it is just an old pirates tale!

• Too bad meg encounters aren't triggerable...
    Then at least you could keep fighting them until you get lucky.

• I’m surprised during the hungry deep event week, they didn’t increase the spawn rate of them.

• @piggehhh No trick that I'm aware of. Killed one on xmas day 2019 (Thanks, Rare!) just after leaving Dagger Tooth Outpost and headed West.

And previously I saw and briefly fought one that had spawned on another boat. Unfortunately that crew didn't seem to know what they had and kept running to an outpost and eventually it wiped it. We were able to draw aggro from it twice but then the meg would zoom right back to the other boat. That time it spawned roughly between Flintlock Peninsula and Morrow's Peak Outpost.

• I've had like 5 ancient skeles but no shrouded ghost... It's crazy how rare it is.

• My two crew mates both shove the title in my face every day. I looked off and 5 minutes after I did it spawned. One of them even has 2 kills of the mythical beast, that second one I missed by an hour.

• I'm 100% positive that there are some sort of trick of spawning it.

• @mathemoto said in Shrouded ghost:

I'm 100% positive that there are some sort of trick of spawning it.

I am sure that if there were actually a way to summon it specifically on demand, it would have been for sale on eBay by now!

• Around 14 million meters and no ghost. : (

• You need to put on the Shark Hunter livery and flag, and play Merrick's shanty. At least, that is what one my regular crew mates always does.

• Really? It's that Rare? I just got the game a few days ago and killed it already.

• @honest-veden said in Shrouded ghost:

Really? It's that Rare? I just got the game a few days ago and killed it already.

On an unrelated issue, did anyone spot one of these running around here?
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/resizer/4l-lqcXoG3hYIzwXguFxP8_k_GA=/1484x0/arc-anglerfish-washpost-prod-washpost.s3.amazonaws.com/public/7AXNFH6TMQ24JDZXWJOHES5DNE.JPG

• I just pray that if I find it in Insiders, that I could sway support into giving me credit for the real game.

• @piggehhh no idea - I am in the exact same situation you are

• 14 Millions meters, all commendations in game except the Shrouded Ghost.
    Above 930 megalodons killed, since January i make an alliance with 6 sloop and we clear all event to make pop a megalodon actually 362 megalondons in 15 alliances (we don't take loots) and we never see this *** Ghost !

• @coconutdog said in Shrouded ghost:

My two crew mates both shove the title in my face every day. I looked off and 5 minutes after I did it spawned. One of them even has 2 kills of the mythical beast, that second one I missed by an hour.

I'm sorry man. That must be the WORST. I'd rather never see it than miss it like that.

Views
1 out of 24