Text chat for xbone controllers

• Wondering if anyone had tips for where to map the text button to on a xbone controller. I had it mapped to the right stick press, but in pvp fights, I frequently tap this button inadvertently, causing my screen to lock up on the keyboard, and I am inevitably killed while trying to exit it.
    Where do the rest of you place the text button to avoid this?

Views
  • i have it on arrow left... the only problem there is going a page back in a tall tale book...
    you could also connect a keyboard then press t to type but this doesnt work if youre sailing with xbox with controllers only

• @nax-nitro I have it on right d-pad. Left d-pad would be good as well. As @unknowdabruhman said it does affect flipping through the pages if your doing a tall tale. However you can switch it back if your doing a tall tale. Since those two buttons are only used during tall tales and not during normal adventuring I have found them to be the best ones.

• D pad left.

I use xbox app on mobile so then the chatbox pops up on my mobile and thats more easy and faster to type also

• Amazing! I didn't know you could type messages on the Xbox. I'll have to give it a try. I've got the keypad. Although I normally have my lantern and shovel assigned to my d-pad. :)

• you can hook it to clicking on right joystick and its the only thing that doesn't have a bind to it

• Just use a mic, I know that's sometimes difficult or it doesn't work. But I ain't forfeiting my hot keys to be a secretary.

Views
1 out of 8