Lore help: Is there only one kracken or several?

• When we fight the kracken.
    Are we simply fighting one beast and it gets wounded and flees or are we actually killing it and fighting several krackens over the course of the game?

When you defeat it, it kinda looks like its fleeing. I get that feeling anyways.

I suspect that there is only one kracken and that we are simply hurting it and making it flee over and over but im not sure.

I know there are some lore buffs in the community.
    Does anybody know whether its several krackens or just one menacing one that fights and flees?

Just curious.

Views
  • @daringclarky

There are multiple krakens that we meet (though I don't know if we actually finish them off), though they are the reminiscences of the population that once was when they ruled the seas I believe (not 100% sure). The Old Mother was the largest of them all and the mother of all kraken or so they say. She was chained at some point with magical chains by the ancients and mermaids, believe she died and the chains and remains were found by the pirate lord (again not 100% sure).

I bet there people that know more than I do, but this is what I picked up.

• I'd say, purely based on the amount of Kraken skeletons you can find in the game, there are more than one, but I agree that the animation implies that the kraken is fleeing. (One of my favorite visual effects)

• Unlike the Meg, if you "defeat" a Kraken. Does it leave a body floating in the water? Nope.

So it just fled, you scared it off.

• Good question! In the SoT novel, Athena's Fortune, it introduces the kraken we meet in-game. In the novel, which takes place well before the events of the game, the kraken attacks Golden Sands outpost and the Pirate Lord Ramsey helps defeat it...but he doesn't kill it. He notices one of the kraken's eyes is blinded, so he attacks the other eye with a makeshift gunpowder barrel and blinds it.

Towards the end of the novel, it says that the kraken still roams the seas and will attack unwary pirates, but it learned its lesson after fighting Ramsey and keeps its body hidden under the water, releasing black ink to help hide its vulnerable body.

So, I'd say it's the same kraken that Ramsey fought years ago, and it just flees when we "defeat" it like it fled after he defeated it!

• I’ve always thought we’re just injuring it enough to drive it off, but have never actually slain it. I’m still waiting for it’s head to emerge from the water!

• hi my dude , are you lookin for some lore? visit the youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfTt47xjFjA
    Captain Falcore channel can help you for understand multiple things of this game
    i linked here the video of the kraken

Views
1 out of 7