QoL changes: Expanding on existing elements - Trade Good Crates, Skeleton Thrones, and others!

• Whenever I see crates, I only see "oh, this thing gets me about a thousand gold!" and then I sell the one with the weird white cloth and only net a hundred.
    crate edit
    I can't tell the difference between any of these, and why spice is worth more than cloth and sugar, so I think it'd be cool if they each had a cosmetic Broze/Silver/Gold/Jeweled difference between each one, either a single painted board or a frame around each. It's definitely imperative when it comes to the Reaper's Hideout, every time I have to Google which of the four is the one that the creepy babe takes.
    I also think it'd be nice if they could be obtained naturally in the world. Island NPCs can currently only be used for cargo runs so they're pretty limited, I think it'd be nice if talking to them had a chance to give you a crate, asking you to deliver it to the Merchant Alliance.

Another major change I'd like is to the Skeleton Thrones. Currently they're pretty limited. However, Rare's been wanting to push for more Skeleton Lord involvement and accessibility in the game. Sitting on a throne grants the crew a map with the location of a Skeleton Lord, enraged that its throne was tainted. With so many thrones, each Skeleton Lord would be procedurally generated, based on player cosmetics, having a matching set of clothes (including those in the Black Market Archive, gotta make the player jealous). They'd also have a chosen selection of the pre-existing Skeleton Lord abilities, as well as throwable options.

Largely, I hope that the selling value of each item is looked at. Rare has been adding so many opportunities to get quick gold and high level loot, that many chests and skulls have lost so much value (not even mentioning the poor Merchant Alliance voyage items...)
    Those were the larger recommendations of mine, but I also feel like some smaller Quality of Life changes would be nice:

• Grogball, Limpball, and Venomball should be made to throwable options, making them far more accessible, especially to PvE players against skeletons.
    • Holding a resource crate while looking at a barrel allows you to fill the crate's inventory directly.
    • Allow the player to sort resources in their barrel by dragging and dropping, rather than being queue-based sorting.
    • Completed Commendation categories (such as Bilge Rat's Shrouded Spoils and Legends of the Sea, or Tall Tale commendations) should be relocated to the end, so that incomplete commendations are prioritized higher and together.
    • The player should be able to sort Reputation in their menu (or it should be made smaller so the player can see all 8 categories of Tall Tales, Bilge Rats, and six major trading companies).
    • Skeletons at cannons on islands should be cosmetically unique and drop cannonballs on death (particularly to balance how powerful these gents are, they've sunk my ship more than any player or monster has. Alternatively, just give them blunderbombs, because gosh they're a nuisance!)
    • Flames of Fate should be made more accessible: Drowning gets blue flames, Kraken gets purple flames, gunpowder barrels gets red flames,
    • Random encountered ashen Skeleton Captains types should be chosen randomly, rather than just the default skeleton type,
    • The player should be able to buy up to three voyages if their voyage inventory is full of mercenary voyages but no standard voyages. (I've been saving my mercenary voyages for my friends but now I'm restricted when I play alone because my voyage inventory is full, despite having nine mercenary voyages)
    • Secondary Use on instruments should play the harmony of a song, rather than the melody.
    • The Alliance Flags should be flown underneath the main flag, so that you can keep customization while befriending other pirates.
    • Lanterns should break through fog,
    • Lanterns should still be equipped while running (I like being able to see).
    • Boss enemies encountered and killed on the sea should mark your map with a skull; to help collect loot if your skeleton ship sinks away, and to show your Pirate's pride in monster hunting.
    • A golden Fishing Rod of The Wailing Barnacle should be available for sale if the player has caught one of every single type of fish in the game.
    • And catching 50 of a particular fish should net you a figurehead of that fish.
    • And the Hunter's Call should have voyages to be on the same level of the other Trading Companies, featuring the travel path of sea monsters to hunt down, but instead of dropping loot, they drop trophies (teeth or eyes to turn in).
    • Please I just love the Hunter's Call give them more love,
      With all these suggestions, I sound entitled... I absolutely adore this game, and don't expect a single one of these to be added, I just hope that any of these are considered and would help gameplay if they're offered.
Views
feedbackstory & loreevents
1 out of 1