[PC] Mic not working.

• so i have been trying to get the games mic to work and i fail at every turn.

privacy settings: check
    default audio in and out: check
    xbox app audio in and out: check
    sot crew and non crew audio: check

i did manage to get it to show a voice symbol above my character but noone hears anything.

what else am i missing here?

should i just remove the game and reinstall is that my last ditch effort? i feel like i shouldnt have to do that but thats why im here maybe im missing something very obvious.

i feel like this is a very dumb issue and i feel like the devs should make a setting in the settings menu so you can atleast test your mic in game. i have to have someone online even to test if my mic is working. this is just nonsense especially when all apps outside of the game are all picking up my voice and the game is not. not to mention how much of a pain it is to get a friend to log in just to see if the goofy voice is working.

if anyone can help me out here it would be greatly appreciated

Views
  • @stoogecurly4081
    I am guessing you are on PC when you say default audio and xbox app.
    Does the mic work in xbox party without the game launched?
    Does it work in discord?

For the game not working, but the voice chat icon is above your head, who is giving you that information? A crewmate on xbox can't hear your in game proximity voice if they are in an xbox party.

• @dyfrin we are all pc players. and yes discord and my stream all are getting audio. even people we alliance with dont hear me, i have no idea what the deal is. its frustrating, takes away from that pvp aspect.

• @stoogecurly4081

Yeah, between my mic never working and having my mouse leave my game screen (into Windows) every five seconds I said fuggit and uninstalled it.

If you get your mic working feel free to let us know what you did. I even use the Xbox controller and headset to listen/speak (XGP) and it works sometimes...for a couple of minutes...then quits.

Too many cool games around to fiddle with this.

• @dyfrin said in [PC] Mic not working.:

@stoogecurly4081
    I am guessing you are on PC when you say default audio and xbox app.
    Does the mic work in xbox party without the game launched?
    Does it work in discord?

For the game not working, but the voice chat icon is above your head, who is giving you that information? A crewmate on xbox can't hear your in game proximity voice if they are in an xbox party.

I am in the exact same boat! I have resorted relying solely on Discord with friends in order to play but that means whenever I solo queue or see others in game I cannot speak to them, yet I can hear them talk to me...it's SO frustrating...

• @stoogecurly4081
    I thought about this some, and wonder if it your xbox profile privacy settings.

Try going to xbox.com, signing in, going to your settings and see what your privacy is set to, if online game communication is allowed.

If it is, toggle it to off, and save it. Then set it back to allowed.

SOT is getting your mic, as it is showing the icon above your head...

• Im a xbox player and experience the same from time to time.

If im in a party and switch settings to gamechat than for 90%+ of the time it is not working at all. If i remove myself from the party i have lil better odds maybe 50% of the time working.

I dont know what this is but most of the time i just give up on in-game chat. Use pirate wheel or ask a crewmate to go in-game chat and come back to party to explain.

The in-game chat seems bugged. Might be my inet connection? I don't know but all i can say it is not a pc problem perse. I am noticing the same as a xbox player.

Views
1 out of 7