How to Disable In-game Tips

• Well, I have been playing this game since it was released. However, I get tips like "Speak to the Gold Hoarder in the tent to purchase a voyage" etc. I tried to find a setting that disables this feature, but I couldn't. Can you guys help me? I don't want a message in the middle of screen which blocks my view.

Views
  • Try this, buy the voyage, put it down, cancel it.

• @captain-narwha1 I already tried it but it didn't change anything smh

• @kloppolfc Then Do the voyage, just dig up a chest and sell it. It takes 5 minutes.

• @mrpanackers said in How to Disable In-game Tips:

Follow what the tutorial tells you to do and then it will go away so just complete the gold hoarder voyage.

@captain-narwha1 said in How to Disable In-game Tips:

@kloppolfc Then Do the voyage, just dig up a chest and sell it. It takes 5 minutes.

Wow is this what the SoT community is like? This issue happens to me too. Keep getting those damn tutorial messages even though I have done what it says. My crew tried doing it as well but that didn't take it off my screen either. Definitely bugged and it happens every game.

I think there may be a setting at the main menu to turn these off BEFORE you enter a game

• @kloppo2764 Did you do the intro voyage?

• I have been playing this game for like last 2 years. I don't have those messages now, but it was very strange to got them when I created this topic. It disappeared by itself.

• There needs to be a way to disable tutorials cause JEEZ this is annoying.

• Had a couple buddies also have the same complaint and when I play with them it displays to me too. Definitely agree you should have the ability to turn it off in the scenario of A. You want your friend to show you the ropes or B. You just don't want to for whatever the reason.

Did want to point out it continues past the first Gold hoarders voyage as it displayed a message saying go talk to Order of Souls or Merchant Alliance next. If you quit the game before finishing it will start over unfortunately.

Godspeed for those trying to complete it, hope they make it so you can turn it off as this is a fantastic game. Don't want something as simple as a tutorial toggle feature to deter new/returning players.

• Bumping this thread, I've been on several voyages and cannot disable the tips box at the bottom of the screen. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of this box? It is rather large and very annoying to play with.

• It's been a year now and still nothing...

• @normalheadsh0t I had this problem every time I played, but today I chose the gold hoarder quest that was in my inventory and once I finished it after I restarted the game it didn't show up anymore. I was constantly doing new missions besides that one so it never got rid of the tutorial for me.

• Is there any fix to this yet? I can't read my bounties and skelly targets because I have this huge text box plastered on my screen. Its insane there isn't an option to get rid of it that I can see.

This is my 4th or 5th time playing and completing missions, it shouldn't show up if I've already done quests and obviously know how to do it. Its telling me to propose a voyage when I'm already on one.

• @tornfate sagte in How to Disable In-game Tips:

Is there any fix to this yet? I can't read my bounties and skelly targets because I have this huge text box plastered on my screen. Its insane there isn't an option to get rid of it that I can see.

This is my 4th or 5th time playing and completing missions, it shouldn't show up if I've already done quests and obviously know how to do it. Its telling me to propose a voyage when I'm already on one.

First of all.. this thread is over 10 months old...reviving old threads isn't allowed...
    Second...just finish what it says, and it will go away...

• As this thread was many months old and revived recently, it will now be locked.

A general reminder to all, please avoid reviving threads aged past 30 days, as it is considered a necro, and is against our Forum Rules.

Bumping Threads
    Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting very old threads is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Views
4 out of 16