Request: PC Xbox Controller Servers

• [img]https://imgur.com/tgPLybd[/img]

As someone who plays on PC but with an Xbox Controller this is getting bloody annoying, can we get this fixed or something. I'm getting tired of not being able to play with my friends on Xbox because they forgot to set up for PC players and I'm late to join in.

Views
  • @chocolatenukkat

More split up servers? Or adding an "abuse" option.
    Clearification!: Not saying u are an abuser. But if we dont split up more and add this pc controller to the xbox pool. I feel like the pr0 pc comes in. Switches to MKB and well we are back at the split xbox / pc player pool.

Im a xbox player playing in the mixpool because i like it more like that, also have mixed crewmembers.
    Just trying to shed light on this.

I think a better approach would be to message your friends: I AM PLAYING TONITE SET UP THE GOOD SERVER!

• @weakdexx

I get on at random times because of my sleep schedule, so when I see someones online and I'm able to join I try and get this, it's BS I feel singled out because I'm a PC player who uses an Xbox Controller, I like my frame rates but I hate the M/K aspect of SoT so I use the controller.

• @chocolatenukkat

A fix that Rare could consider for this would be that the Input would be on what it decides to split the server.
    At the moment it is the machine on what it splits.
    Xbox or PC.
    If they make the split on Controller or MKB.
    Than it actually could be a valid option to consider.
    If the input changes it needs a kick option, this to counter possible abuse.

• @weakdexx They already have something like that for the Xbox Controller servers, if you unplug it and plug in a M/K into it it will ask to you reconnect your controller.

• Get rid of the preference, and implement input based matchmaking instead.

• @troubled-cells That would also cause a problem because the PC needs a M/K to start the game, which is normally always plugged in.

• @chocolatenukkat said in Request: PC Xbox Controller Servers:

@troubled-cells That would also cause a problem because the PC needs a M/K to start the game, which is normally always plugged in.

No it wouldn't, theres games out there that already implement this successfully.

• @troubled-cells Well hopefully they can come out with it soon, because this is getting me outraged. I can't join half my friends now because they ALL PLAY Xbox

• @chocolatenukkat said in Request: PC Xbox Controller Servers:

@troubled-cells Well hopefully they can come out with it soon, because this is getting me outraged. I can't join half my friends now because they ALL PLAY Xbox

It would be the fairest and right thing for them to do.

• @weakdexx said in Request: PC Xbox Controller Servers:

@chocolatenukkat

A fix that Rare could consider for this would be that the Input would be on what it decides to split the server.
    At the moment it is the machine on what it splits.
    Xbox or PC.
    If they make the split on Controller or MKB.
    Than it actually could be a valid option to consider.
    If the input changes it needs a kick option, this to counter possible abuse.

Xbox players are already abusing it, playing with M&K on the xbox servers. Stop thinking that xbox players dont abuse or use hacks

• Input split would be much better than xbox only, I wouldn't mind turning on my controller in order to join someone.

• @xultanis-dragon

Didn’t even know that was possible.
    Xbox players can use chat now with a controller. If this is what made u think a Xbox uses MKB.

But like I said I didn’t know it allows MKB. Might actually test this out

Edit: I never mentioned a Xbox player don’t abuse it or use hacks. I never said they don’t do it.

• I like it how it is now.

• @weakdexx

Sorry never meant that to come off like that. Figured you knew, just making sure anyone else who reads it knows also. But yeah there are ways for xbox players to use M&K. I can't divulge exactly how since I think that is against forum rules, but its been around.

• @xultanis-dragon

It's all good matey!
    Wether it be against forum rules or not. Smart to not post it.
    Let's not teach more people how to "cheat".

Happy sailing!

• Has anyone confirmed if things like XIM Apex allow to use MKB whilst on a Xbox?

• @stone0898 said in Request: PC Xbox Controller Servers:

I like it how it is now.

Yeah lets not go back to square one.

• @octopus-lime said in Request: PC Xbox Controller Servers:

Has anyone confirmed if things like XIM Apex allow to use MKB whilst on a Xbox?

Yes they do

• @troubled-cells Haha, thanks for the confirmation. That could be entertaining during this quarantine!

• @princessasuna96 yep it's cool as it is if you really wanna play with Xbox players buy a Xbox I have no problems with matchmaking input within the mixed pool if rare could work it I very much doubt it tho but there should always and forever be a console only opt out where you need 1 controller 2 a console 3 Xbox live gold to play and cheating in there if discovered results in your console being banned and your Xbox live account and loss of Xbox live gold or gamepass sub whichever is being used

Views
1 out of 21