Ancient Coin Skeletons

• Hi,

I recently discovered that killing ancient skeletons give you ancient coins. I have wanted to get a pet for a while now but I am not willing to spend money. I had a few questions about it though:

1. How many ancient coins will one drop on average?

2. What is the best method of finding and killing them?

3. Roughly how long will grinding for the skeletons take me to reach 500 ancient coins.

4. Finally is it worth the grind? (I have about a month to grind)

Thank you so much. I would really appreciate some answers to my questions soon. Thanks again!

Views
  • There’s a very small chance an ancient skeleton will spawn any time you are on an island.

That’s all. It’s not something you can ‘grind’. It’s like those posts on LFG saying they hunting the shrouded ghost or grinding the shrouded ghost - you can’t, it’s a completely random spawn.

Best bet is, play the game as much as you want, and spend more time on different islands than on your ship. You’ll come across some eventually. They drop between 150-350 coins each usually. I’ve had 5 since the emporium came out, and I usually play 10-15h/week or so.

• @inferno-mayhem7 As mentioned, it is totally random. I've had two spawn for me since they released. You're honestly better off just spend a few pounds/dollars if you want one that bad?

• This may assist you fellow Pirate. A decent guide on them be here.

• Looks like others have answered for you, but here is some info on the Ancient Skeletons my crew and I have killed if that gives you an idea of the randomness in location and Ancient Coins.

11/2/2019: (Within an hour of each other while fishing for Forsaken Devilfish)
    Scorched Pass: 150AC
    Scorched Pass: 130AC

11/4/2019:
    Long Cove: 115AC

11/16/2019:
    Fort of the Damned: 126AC

01/03/2020:
    Skull Keep: 617AC

01/09/2020:
    Molten Sands: 115AC

• @inferno-mayhem7
    Well, Sir , during my many Adventures on the Sea i was 7 times lucky to find an Ancient Skeleton...Two times i was so excited ( * and you just couldn't hide it …? ) that i fell of a rock and the Skeleton dove into the ground like a mole...i can't say the average of what i caught since i have forgotten the exact amount but ...i remember the lowest amount , some 158 coins and the highest amount which was around 473 coins , so it could be that you need some 2 skeletons to buy a pet...

But Grinding...hmmm...i wouldn't recommend it ...Just buy a map and stop by many islands to find resources , treasure and who knows what else , and if you're lucky they will come out of the ground , but ...don't hesitate too long , be fast and swift and use that sword so you can delay his departure into the ground again...Allthough the amounts aren't going to make you rich , it is always thrilling to see and hear the Ancient Skeleton appear…

So ,just play ,visit many islands , stroll on there , keep an eye on the horizon for incoming Pirates , and tune yer eyes and ears like a cat , they are there but are quickly gone...Go for it.

• @clumsy-george thanks

• Thanks everyone in fact

• @inferno-mayhem7 My crew and I have had great success with the new legend voyage, I have had 3 myself and my other crew mates have had 2. We leave one of us on Thieves Haven and that's were we have gotten them. Up to 720 coins now I think

Views
8 out of 9