Unexpected Server Changing

• Am I the only one that thinks server merging without warning is a very bad thing? I get that sometimes a server will get underpopulated without crews getting swapped to another server. But I just spent 3+hours gathering loot and lost my ship to a volcano. I then spent the next several minutes moving all the treasure to the shore. If there was a message saying a server merge would take place soon I would have waited for that. Instead I hopped on the mermaid and was happy my ship was near the island with all my treasure only to change servers as soon as I set sail. A kracken immediately spawned on me as I left the island (most annoying timing ever), as I raced nervously to see if my treasure was on this server with me. Finally I get there and it's gone.
    Perhaps a message warning players and maybe even an option under crew to change servers after the message pops up if you don't want to wait til it happens automatically. For me this is one of the most annoying features in a game I otherwise enjoy quite a lot.

Views
  • Agreed! Server migration without a timer or pre-notification kills the game dead! Always losing treasure and time. Makes me want to KILL the person who said this was going to be a great idea. I have lost three skull forts, Had too many times to actually count moments were upon server migration I am immediately attacked by skeleton ship spawn(Galleon) or kraken. (To be fair I always seem to get away from the megladon when that spawns.)Losing all treasure on board.
    To be clear I solo sloop A lot. Can they give us a five minute count down like they do in All the other games that have server timers, Absolutely!, but will they, probably not. This is why I am sure they don't give a flying rat monkey what happens to an individual.
    We as a community could come together to tell everyone in the development cycle to please gift us a countdown timer so we know when server will flop and flip. I just don't see that happening. The problem isn't large enough to effect the community which would force the developers to stop and look at this as an actual problem. You and me and the other twelve or so that have made this exact forum post know this too well.
    My hope is that someone in development reads your post and can effect change so the people like you and me can stop having such bad experiences upon the waves. Having the last hour of anything you invested in stripped away leaves the taste of resentment and bitterness that lasts long after the stripping is done. Not as bad as torture because eventually you will forget but still bad enough that the experience lingers for days of doubt about it happening again. Like a bully that hangs out around the corner. Most days everything's just fine but always in the back of your mind your watching and waiting and praying that you don't have to experience those feelings again.

This should not be how games make people feel in general but Sea Of Thieves is the bully capital of the game industry right now with the KIll and Steal mentality. In closing, you should set your standards as low as you can go then lower them again. This game is made to be a bi-polar fantasy land, Lots of quiet with spurts of highs and lows that go straight to the extremes of human emotional connections. You "feel" a certain way? Great than the developers "feel" they did their jobs.

Views
1 out of 2