PvPvE really discourages me.

• I like to go my way, doing my things, my missions, I do not feel like fighting with anyone, I am not good at it, that makes the hours work sometimes not worth anything, because I lose it and someone else takes it. That really discourages me. This is for crying. I don't know if this game is for me.

Views
  • @hukgrip Yea this game probably isn't for you mate

• Shared World Adventure Game.

It's not like a single player game is it, there is no difficulty setting.
    The developers intentions are you learn how to survive and thrive, or find something else to play.

Common sense and a proper mindset is usually enough to start.

You sail for hours before someone else steals your stuff. Lolz
    Expect pirates, sell more often to mitigate your losses.

Sharpen pvp skills in Arena.
    Dont be weaksauce, fight when you gotta fight. They ain't all seasoned killers.
    It's not like there's only one life to live, death is inconsequential in SoT, so die well.
    Rinse repeat.

We've all been there.

• It can be rough seas out there fellow Pirate but alas if it's a life of relative care free sailing that you desire this game does indeed cater to that.
    Albeit entire sessions that are without incident from other crews are rare they do happen.

Many have managed to gain significant headway in reputations etc with nothing but a passive play style.
    It is a game that caters to the 3 F's though.
    Fighting and or Fending off others for the loot you haul is too much you always have the option of Flee.

• @hukgrip sagte in PvPvE really discourages me.:

I like to go my way, doing my things, my missions, I do not feel like fighting with anyone, I am not good at it, that makes the hours work sometimes not worth anything, because I lose it and someone else takes it. That really discourages me. This is for crying. I don't know if this game is for me.

sorry to say that, but it's not, especially when you solo and dont want to PvP.

PvP is inevitable in this game, you can have sessions without PvP, you can try to prevent PvP (what is still some sort of PvP in a sanbox like game), but you cannot avoid PvP completely and tbh it should be welcomed instead to spice things up.
    Many things in thhis game are extra designed this way to attract pvp and spice the pve up, if you dont like that, what is fully understandable then this game is not for you and will only lead you to frustrating and raging moments.

• Learn to love PvP! Next time you play don't worry about doing voyages and "being efficient". Instead supply up and go find some trouble to start. You'll start getting more comfortable with this aspect of the game. Remember, you win some and you lose some. Eventually you will win your first PvP encounter and your confidence will begin to grow. Besides, loot that you stole is way more satisfying than loot you dug up or grinded for. Check out the community discord to help find a crew. There are plenty of PvE and PvP based crews there. Join a PvP crew or get out there and start trying to solo steal. I promise you, it's the best part of the game.

Views
1 out of 6