blunderbombs, blunderbuss, & sword combat

• Blonderbombs?! why? This community has never requested this combat mechanic, once upon a time before firebombs were added, grenades were talked about, but the addition of firebombs alleviated that need. Blunder leaves such a sour taste to most of us due to the blunder/double-gunning issue, that adding anything in title, "blunder..." is not going to be received well by the community.

Blunderbuss is so OP, its range needs to be knocked back to less than 5 yards. its a blunderbuss for Gods sakes, not a Benilli with a 20" barrel.

You have forced every pirate to use the blunder now for a defensive weapon and we all just want sword combat which sadly is so broken, we are wondering why you havent rolled back sword combat mechanics.

Views
  • @wusker Blunderbuss only 1-shot kills at point-blank. At any other range, it only does damage and knocks back, if close enough. There are also 19 different ways to avoid being 1-shot, so no real issues there.

• @galactic-geek 19 ways, please list them?
    blunder is not shot at point blank, test it. Its about 8 paces which is too far.

• @galactic-geek I have to agree with @WUSKER on this one. I have been one shot on a Sloop near the harpoon from a player on the railing by the wheel, and just last night on a Brig near the ladder/cannon from a player that just spawned behind the wheel.

It should be point blank, but there is something completely buggy about it lately.

• Buggy? No. What you're experiencing is a desync between pirates. In other words, your opponent isn't actually where you think he is and vice-versa. It's the game's networking code trying to compensate between the 2 of you.

• @wusker said in blunderbombs, blunderbuss, & sword combat:

@galactic-geek 19 ways, please list them?

1. Back up
    2. Back up left
    3. Back up right
    4. Run away
    5. Run away left
    6. Run away right
    7. Run away back left
    8. Run away back right
    9. Jump
    10. Jump left
    11. Jump right
    12. Jump back
    13. Jump back left
    14. Jump back right
    15. Strafe left
    16. Strafe right
    17. Sword Dodge back
    18. Sword dodge left
    19. Sword dodge right
    20. Sword dodge back left
    21. Sword dodge back right
    22. Use concealment
    23. Use cover

Oh, look at that - 23 ways to avoid blundering into a blunder (and I'm sure that I'm still missing some).

Because a 1-shot requires all of the pellets to hit, any 1 of these can be used as a preventative measure by simply making some of those pellets miss.

• Been on this forum quite a long time, plenty of requests for grenades. Thus, blunderbombs were born, firebombs are hardly grenades. Blunderbombs are pretty much what you would expect from a grenade equivalent. Blunderbuss is fine, its just really good at killing noobs who don't know better. Its an unreliable weapon in a myriad of situations. Its useless fighting in the water, on land, and only is good when fighting pirates who like to stand still. Damage is inconsistent at any range besides point blank, hell, a sneeze has a better effective range than this weapon.

Plenty tactics work dealing with this weapon, a quick forum search will lead you to many wondrous ones.

Blonderbombs?! why? This community has never requested this combat mechanic, once upon a time before firebombs were added, grenades were talked about, but the addition of firebombs alleviated that need. Blunder leaves such a sour taste to most of us due to the blunder/double-gunning issue, that adding anything in title, "blunder..." is not going to be received well by the community.

Blunderbuss is so OP, its range needs to be knocked back to less than 5 yards. its a blunderbuss for Gods sakes, not a Benilli with a 20" barrel.

You have forced every pirate to use the blunder now for a defensive weapon and we all just want sword combat which sadly is so broken, we are wondering why you havent rolled back sword combat mechanics.

The Blunderbomb counters blunderbuss... So, in what way do blunderbombs force us to use blunderbuss? xD

If anything, it makes blunderbuss a less viable choice.

• @galactic-geek said in blunderbombs, blunderbuss, & sword combat:

@wusker said in blunderbombs, blunderbuss, & sword combat:

1. Back up
    2. Back up left
    3. Back up right
    4. Run away
    5. Run away left
    6. Run away right
    7. Run away back left
    8. Run away back right
    9. Jump
    10. Jump left
    11. Jump right
    12. Jump back
    13. Jump back left
    14. Jump back right
    15. Strafe left
    16. Strafe right
    17. Sword Dodge back
    18. Sword dodge left
    19. Sword dodge right
    22. Use concealment
    23. Use cover

Oh, look at that - 23 ways to avoid blundering into a blunder (and I'm sure that I'm still missing some).

Because a 1-shot requires all of the pellets to hit, any 1 of these can be used as a preventative measure by simply making some of those pellets miss.

1. Keep distance and use Pistol.
    2. Keep distance and use Eye of Reach.
  • @sweltering-nick

1. Don't sit idle on the ladder like a mook, throw in a juke.
    2. Don't let people walk up behind you while you develop horse blinders on cannon
  • @galactic-geek said in blunderbombs, blunderbuss, & sword combat:

Buggy? No. What you're experiencing is a desync between pirates. In other words, your opponent isn't actually where you think he is and vice-versa. It's the game's networking code trying to compensate between the 2 of you.

Exactly, buggy.

• @archangel-timmy said in blunderbombs, blunderbuss, & sword combat:

@galactic-geek said in blunderbombs, blunderbuss, & sword combat:

Buggy? No. What you're experiencing is a desync between pirates. In other words, your opponent isn't actually where you think he is and vice-versa. It's the game's networking code trying to compensate between the 2 of you.

Exactly, buggy.

That's not a bug, bro... that's literally just hardware limitations. xD

• @sweltering-nick said in blunderbombs, blunderbuss, & sword combat:

@archangel-timmy said in blunderbombs, blunderbuss, & sword combat:

Exactly, buggy.

If it were consistent, then I could agree with you. With the sporadic behavior and frequency at which things like this occur, it is buggy.

It is not intended to be this way, and they are actively trying to fix it; it is buggy.

• @archangel-timmy said in blunderbombs, blunderbuss, & sword combat:

@sweltering-nick said in blunderbombs, blunderbuss, & sword combat:

Exactly, buggy.

If it were consistent, then I could agree with you. With the sporadic behavior and frequency at which things like this occur, it is buggy.

It is not intended to be this way, and they are actively trying to fix it; it is buggy.

Or, it's inconsistent, because ONE of the two people in this scenario, has a potato internet connection? :P

Exactly, buggy.

Or, it's inconsistent, because ONE of the two people in this scenario, has a potato internet connection? :P

50Mbps, ping in the 80's.

I could also agree with a server latency issue if all parties involved saw different things in regards to positioning and firing, but that wasn't the case in the two scenarios I mentioned.

The sloop was a streamer we encountered on the seas, and what was one his screen as far as positioning was roughly the same as one our end. Crewmember was near the wheel with the streamer when he jumped up to the railing and fired at the same time toward the front of the boat. One shot while almost to the bowsprit on his screen, and just barely on the ramp of the bowsprit on ours while he was midair to the railing. Confirmed BS by our crewmate who was right behind him attacking.

Similar situation on the Brig the other night, but with less movement. The Brig was anchors to the side of the dock at Plunder Outpost where my crewmates wiped the other crew on the island while I steadied our Brig and put some shots there way. They had a good amount of supplies, so I went over to load up. When I climbed up the starboard side, walked in front of the mast to the rear port cannon to unload a CCB and player spawned behind the wheel, turned in positioned and blundered me as I was about to unload the cannon. Crewmate was jumping from the dock to the boat by the wheel when it occurred and called BS before I even could.

Buggy is a broad term, and I feel it accurately fits the situations described and many others.

• @archangel-timmy

I could also agree with a server latency issue if all parties involved saw different things in regards to positioning and firing, but that wasn't the case in the two scenarios I mentioned.

Blonderbombs?! why? This community has never requested this combat mechanic,

I'll be real, I was a big nay-sayer of blunderbombs, but once I started using them I've found them really fun and add a layer of strategy to combat. If someone is trying to hide, throw a blunderbomb for some splash damage. Climbing the ladder? Blunderbomb. Are they near the railing of a ship? Blunderbomb into the sea. The only sad thing is that out of all the people I've been fighting no one else is using them.

• As a blaster main, I am very happy with Blunderbombs. If I'm not going to get my grenade launcher (hand mortar in this case), then at least give me my bombs.

To quote my favorite undead pirate to play as... "Gather 'round mateys... SO I CAN BLOW-YOU UP! MWUHAHAHA!"

• @mferr11 said in blunderbombs, blunderbuss, & sword combat:

Blonderbombs?! why? This community has never requested this combat mechanic,

I'll be real, I was a big nay-sayer of blunderbombs, but once I started using them I've found them really fun and add a layer of strategy to combat. If someone is trying to hide, throw a blunderbomb for some splash damage. Climbing the ladder? Blunderbomb. Are they near the railing of a ship? Blunderbomb into the sea. The only sad thing is that out of all the people I've been fighting no one else is using them.

Even I forget to use them. 😅

Because they cause splash damage and knockback and are FF-capable, they're great for knocking that AFK or stubborn crewmate off of the wheel too. 😁

1. Back up
    2. Back up left
    3. Back up right
    4. Run away
    5. Run away left
    6. Run away right
    7. Run away back left
    8. Run away back right
    9. Jump
    10. Jump left
    11. Jump right
    12. Jump back
    13. Jump back left
    14. Jump back right
    15. Strafe left
    16. Strafe right
    17. Sword Dodge back
    18. Sword dodge left
    19. Sword dodge right
    22. Use concealment
    23. Use cover

@nabberwar said in blunderbombs, blunderbuss, & sword combat:

@sweltering-nick
    26. Don't sit idle on the ladder like a mook, throw in a juke.
    27. Don't let people walk up behind you while you develop horse blinders on cannon

1. Use an Emote to dodge the blunder shot in style like a proper Pirate.
  • @ixxolos said in blunderbombs, blunderbuss, & sword combat:

1. Back up
    2. Back up left
    3. Back up right
    4. Run away
    5. Run away left
    6. Run away right
    7. Run away back left
    8. Run away back right
    9. Jump
    10. Jump left
    11. Jump right
    12. Jump back
    13. Jump back left
    14. Jump back right
    15. Strafe left
    16. Strafe right
    17. Sword Dodge back
    18. Sword dodge left
    19. Sword dodge right
    22. Use concealment
    23. Use cover

@nabberwar said in blunderbombs, blunderbuss, & sword combat:

@sweltering-nick
    26. Don't sit idle on the ladder like a mook, throw in a juke.
    27. Don't let people walk up behind you while you develop horse blinders on cannon

1. Use an Emote to dodge the blunder shot in style like a proper Pirate.

Ooh, I like that 1... 😋

Views
1 out of 21