Random Chests & Tall Tales Length

• Ahoy, mateys!

Two questions for ye'.

A friend of mine is going to sail with me for the first time tomorrow night; and I'm a bit of a new pirate myself. I had questions regarding chests that randomly spawn; as well as the length of the Tall Tales.

1) I have heard that chest's randomly spawn on islands, but in my handful of sessions I am yet to see them. I've seen some mermaid gems! But no chests. As a way to ease into exploring and have a bit of fun, I was considering going to a large island like Thieves Haven or Smugglers Bay and running around, seeing if we can find some random treasure on the beach/water. Do they really appear randomly?

2) How long are the Tall Tales? My friend and I only have roughly 2 hour play sessions. Now; I know that time to complete the tale PLUS the time to initially figure it out may very take way longer... but could we possibly chip away at it? I know Tales must be done from start to finish; but in the event we can't figure out a section and start over another day and zip through the parts we already know-- is this a viable method for eventually getting through them? Or are there a couple tales that are 3+ hours; no matter how well you know them?

Thanks for letting me know! Cheers!

Views
    1. Yes, chests do randomly spawn. I believe most goods you can sell at an outpost will spawn randomly. As well, you can dig random chests as well. Not sure if they belong to other crews' maps or not, I've seen reports that go either way.

2. The Tall Tales are differing lengths, and present different challenges. Just last night, I finished the 2nd Tall Tale in the main series in around half an hour (about 50 minutes total playtime) using a guide to clear some confusion. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the newer ones or later ones in the quest line aren't longer.

• @vehementkittens sagte in Random Chests & Tall Tales Length:

1. Yes, chests do randomly spawn. I believe most goods you can sell at an outpost will spawn randomly. As well, you can dig random chests as well. Not sure if they belong to other crews' maps or not, I've seen reports that go either way.

2. The Tall Tales are differing lengths, and present different challenges. Just last night, I finished the 2nd Tall Tale in the main series in around half an hour (about 50 minutes total playtime) using a guide to clear some confusion. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the newer ones or later ones in the quest line aren't longer.

1: you can dig up other crews stuff ONLY when they are in an alliance with you

• @superbeast-v chests doesn't only spawn washed up on the beach, there are on bigger islands also certain spots to spawn...like on Thieves Haven, inside, when you look up southside, there is a plank or so...I've seen a chest so often there

• Thanks everyone for the replies!

It seems random chests are a yes; I meant visible above ground, so were good there!

And from what I can gather it seems 2 hours, if youve figured out a large portion of it already should be sufficient for all be a couple tall tales; specifically the final one in the Shores of Gold chain.

Views
1 out of 5