I know this is a PvP game but I hate Pvp. I do like the treasure hunts, tales and other events like fishing.

• Do you think we could ever have a non-pvp group of servers? I am about done with losing items to people who want to chase you down for two hours and sink you after you have worked hard doing a quest chain. I am about ready to move on to a different none pvp game. It's too bad I like all other aspects. I will come back if we can have some non pvp servers. Thank you.

Views
  • @Battleflaps
    A lot of thinks won't work without pvp.
    Think of the FotD needs a pink light for example.
    A lot of voyages, the Reaper chests, Cloud Events in general are designed to be contested.
    The thing is nearly all PvE except fishing and Tales maybe is designed to be contested.

Devs said multiple times they wont release pve servers, but private servers without progression to create community events and ingame videos etc...

If you cannot handle and welcome PvP then this is no game for you.

• @Battleflaps
    Hi there, pvp is part of the core game design, and other players are the actual thieves from the games title.

Be a good sport. Sea of Thieves is a pirate game, and stealth, stealing and battles are all part of the fun. All pirates on the seas accept that, but be a good sportsman in both victory and loss.

Source: https://www.seaofthieves.com/code-of-conduct

Following we have someone that asked the question on twitter aimed at Mike Chapman, creative director at rare for SoT here is his answer:

Rare isn’t going to add PvE servers the following URL is of the live stream they did on February 4th 2020, at 55:18 the big question gets asked, “PvE servers coming” which Jon answers with e stern “No”

Private servers are coming however, these just are mostly useless for most people, why ? Because there will be completely no progression as these servers will be meant for people and communities that set up events like but not limited to:

• Race of Legends
    • Sea of Champions
    • The Cursed Captain (as hosted once by @kattruewalker and @eredhar)
  • @battleflaps

To play PvE only in the game one must be good at awareness and sailing, the choice is on you. The threat of PvP will always remain and how you respond to that threat is what shapes your session. If you have no interest in a PvEvP shared world experience then you are not seeking the Sea of Thieves experience and another game is more suited for your enjoyment.

• Unfortunately, PVP is a big part of the game. Solo can be done but it is difficult. I think that adding a ship that is a solo ship for a single-player only may be appropriate, offering some advantages over larger ships. Speed, maneuvering, able to deal or take more damage, harder to hit? Giving a solo player the ability to outrun and outmaneuver Brigs or Galleons with less ability over a 2 man sloop. That way if you see an approaching larger 3-4 man ship you can evade easier without engaging or being engaged. If you can put distance between you and others they are less likely to chase you around for hours for your skull. That is a more realistic case to argue over PvE only servers. Also, find a good community of folks willing to sail with you and help you. They are out there

Views
4 out of 5