HEART OF FIRE TallTale - Stitcher Jim's Journal Locations + Lore

• (Posted this on the Game Discussion as well)
    Hello everyone, this post was created to help those trying to find the journals in the new TallTale, and for those Lore Enthusiasts out there (cough Captain Falcore cough)

Journal 1: "We need a new plan" - Liar's Backbone: On a table next to the HEART symbol in Stitcher's Hideout.

“If my hands was large enough, I’d wring Duke’s neck! What does he think he’s doing, paying pirates to steal back the things I stole?!
    For now, though, I’ve got to cosy up to him and help him flog his junk crates. Make him think I’ve turned over a new leaf. As if!
    I mean, maybe we lost the Dark Relics we needed to resurrect you-know-who, but there’s more than one way to pluck a parrot.
    Once I’ve finished here I’ll head to the wreck of the Blackwyche and scrounge around for a few ‘leftovers’. Even a lock of hair’ll do…
    Word is, its Captain can’t resist playing the hero with that magic sword of his. That means I’ve just got to point him to the right place."

StitcherJournal1

Journal 2: "Disorder of Souls" - Devil's Thirst: In the catacombs on a rock pile between the Door of the Forsaken Flame and the Door of the Burning Heart.

"Pendragon only went and ruddy did it! We all saw Flameheart, larger than life, letting the whole Sea of Thieves know that he’s back!
    Next thing I know, I’m sailing out so that I can swear my allegiance to him. Sorry, Rathbone, but Stitcher Jim’s got a new master now…
    Being here in the Devil’s Roar puts me dangerously close to Cap’n Sorrow, but so what? She’ll get hers soon enough.
    The master’s plan will birth the first of his new Ashen Lords, and there’ll be more where that came from! All loyal to him – to US!
    Everyone who ever did wrong by Stitcher Jim – Sorrow, the Bilge Rats, the Order of Souls – is about to be sorry. Very sorry indeed.”

StitcherJournal2

Journal 3: "A Chest of Rage" - Devil's Thirst: Located in the lava jump puzzle after the first capstan trap in The Path of the Eternal King.

“I’ve been around a long time, but I’ve never seen a box like this one. I dunno where my beloved dug it up from, but it stinks like a crypt.
    I’m actually pretty nervous. Messing around with curses is all well and good if you’re the Order of Souls, but it makes my teeth itch.
    What can I do, though? Master needs souls to summon his Ashen Lord, and if I want to stay in his good books, I’m the man to find ‘em.
    Sounds simple , but it ain’t, ‘cos to trap a soul in the chest I first need something that belongs to ‘em, not to mention more of them Dark Relics.
    Lucky for me, that trip I took to the Blackwyche has already given me everything I need…”

StitcherJournal3

Journal 4: "Bye, Bye, Blackwyche" - Devil's Thirst: On skull pile after first skeleton battle in The Path of the Forsaken Flame.

“Now I understand why they call it a ‘Chest of Rage’. I can hear the souls inside and they ain’t stopped yelling and screaming, not once.
    I says to ‘em, it’s nothing personal, just that I already had their belongings lying around from that Pendragon business.
    Dunn was the easiest to find, snoring his head off at a sea post with a splashtail in one hand and a drink in the other. He didn’t even wake up!
    Cavendish was next. Her Dad was the one whose soul got trapped on the Blackwyche back in the day, so bad luck must run in the family.
    Rodriguez put up a fight and nearly struck me. Too bad I’d already slipped something into her grog. Well, she don’t need a stomach no more…”

StitcherJournal4

Journal 5: "The devil I know" - Devil's Thirst: In-between an alcove within the wall spike trap section, in the Path of the Burning Heart.

“I am run proper ragged! It’s so hot down here I can’t hardly breathe, but guess who’s got to make sure all the traps are working?
    I don’t dare complain though. Rathbone could be scary but most of the time it was like you weren’t in the room. Only his gold mattered.
    When the master speaks, it’s like he knows what you’re thinking. He’s smart. Scary smart, and he believes Pendragon will try to stop the ritual.
    Well, let him try, I say! No matter how many pirate pals he brings along, they’ll never make it through to me in time.
    Speaking of time… I should head to the Ritual Chamber. All my hard work’s finally about to pay off! Finally, Stitcher Jim gets what he deserves.”

StitcherJournal5

Those are all the journals for the Heart of Fire, happy commendation happy lads and lasses!

Views
  • With pictures raises grog....gives finest ripe banana

• Good job on that guide

• @foxywiththemoxy Anyone having an issue with the books not registering?

• @warrantlink said in HEART OF FIRE TallTale - Stitcher Jim's Journal Locations + Lore:

@foxywiththemoxy Anyone having an issue with the books not registering?

Don't know, I've already 100% the whole Tale when it first came out (did every commendation in one session), hopefully someone who hasn't done it yet will help confirm if this is a bug or not.

• Is it possible to get all the journals in one go if you're in a crew or doesn't it count?

• @Deckhands @Quartermasters

• @aquadragon01339 you can. At the path room throw a firebomb at each skull to open the door and have each person go through one.

• @aquadragon01339 You can actually get all the journals in one go solo as well. There's mermaid statues set just after a couple of them, and then you can take one to get back in. Take the paths left to right, and you should be able to get them from each path without leaving the server and using the checkpoint.

Views
1 out of 9