Friendly sea (amazed me)

• I logged in yesterday solo and before I could grab supplies a sloop was on me.
    I took off full sail, got the advantage of position. At the last moment I decided not to shoot. Not sure why. but somehow I thought I should take it easy on them. After not firing on them they rammed and boarded me. They managed to kill me, and I scuttled.
    I decided, no matter. I am after ruby spashtail today. Went fishing when low and behold in the distance I saw the sloop.
    I snuck up on them and sunk them while they anchored.
    Then I decided to go fishing again. I scuttled and sat at the sea post. While fishing I started catching ashen keys. I hide them, and while fishing a sloop anchored to sell fish. I walked up to the ship playing music. When the crewed joined in, I gave them a key. They were shocked, and gave me several chest and crates.
    When they left, I resumed fishing. Eventually another sloop rolled in. I gave him some chest and a key. they gave me fish and bait. After another ship wanted to trade rather than fight I got the idea to play the friendly roaming trader roll. If you pull into a sea post and find me fishing, I may just have a gift for you as well.
    Fair winds,
    CAPTGraykid

Views
  • I think the fishing is getting super boring (I have the figurehead, 7 trophy fish to go...), but I love the community vibe around this event. So many people are peacefully fishing together and forming alliances.

I got annoyed by a crew only once in the past 2 weeks, and it was the one time we went on the crossplay server. :p These players kept hiding around the sea post without a ship, and just as I would almost reel my fish in, they'd blunderbuss me in the back. Just because it was... funny? I was like "stop wasting my precious time, I have fish to catch!" lol.

But this one time aside, it's been super fun. Had some great adventures and funny experiences with other players thanks to this event!

• This is an incredible story. Why I love this game so much. The 99 negative interactions are almost worth it for the 3 that happen naturally and organically like this right here

• As this thread was 3 months old, and revived today, it will now be locked. Please feel free to start a new discussion on this topic!

A general reminder to all, please avoid reviving threads aged past 30 days, as it is considered a necro, and is against our forum rules

Bumping Threads
    Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting very old threads is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Views
1 out of 4