Tips to countering double gunning?

• Obviously, its still in the game so Rare probably still has no intention of removing or nerfing it. So i ask, how am i supposed to counter it? Whenever i play against double gunners and i face them in a fight i just immediatly die without even being able to heal. How do you counter it?

Views
  • I've had to accept defeat and join them

• @octopus-lime but double gunning isnt fun (at least for me)

• Stay close to the ammo box, they will need ammo soon...

• @bennythebanana Use cover? Don't just run at them swinging. Get shots off whenever you can and try to keep your gun reloaded? I hate using the sword but i've never had a problem getting kills with it when I end up having to fight before I can switch back to my guns. Shoot them and then jump on them when they reload and are close to dead. The problem is healing is this game not "Double gunning" whatever that even means now. Using 2 guns is the most effective way to deal with heal spammers. You simply can't catch them before they get all their hp back when using a sword.

• @bennythebanana

Use the environment, your own gun, block and side jump and move avoid the shots.

It isn't unbeatable.

• Identify what moment you have an issue with when against one.

Are you spotted, and is he looking at you?
    Make yourself a difficult target. Block+jump side hop, shoot back, etc. Try anything to be difficult while approaching him, and accept that you wont be able to kill him or get to him immediately. Just respect the situation.

Is he being difficult to chase down?
    Focus on slicing him as he tries to pass you, but be very aware of that you may want to switch to your gun. He is being very predictable when running away, giving you time to reload and shoot.

Are you hit?
    Heal, pop a keybinding or a controller binding for quicker access to your food. While you are still too far away to be a threat, you can heal. He wont chase you, so when you feel like approaching him again, come in with some kind of plan, just know it could feel and that you have to fall back again.

Here are some extra details.
    Block+Jump to do small bursts of movement that will help you get some swings at someone running away.

Be aware of what situation you are in. Is your ship entierly in danger? How crucial is it that you chase him with your sword with two other crewmates? You dont always have to chase him, and you can always assist your teamates with your gun while they are pressuring him.

Is he in the ship? Well, you can chase him down much easily. Does he have a blunderbuss? Well that makes things a lot more risky, but makes him more predictable.

• @crafek These are all just obvious things. You cant even slice them to stop them in place, they can just jump around and not get stunned. just "moving unpredictably" doesnt actually work against anyone with somewhat decent aim. "Heal when you are about to die" doesnt really help either xD.
    @WarOnPants2664 You (and them) can legit shoot through anything. Cover doesnt help.

• @bennythebanana

Jump, Jump, Jump. Try to time your jumps as he is about to shoot. When facing DG i try to bait his shot by making me a somewhat easy target and than jump out of the way. NOT backwards or forward as this just puts u in his trajectory

Eat, Eat, Eat, u can eat before getting shot time it correctly and u heal at the moment the shot connects. Use good food tho and u out heal his 2nd shot. Now he has to reload and gives u a small time window.

Good luck

• @bennythebanana said in Tips to countering double gunning?:

@WarOnPants2664 You (and them) can legit shoot through anything. Cover doesnt help.

What? No way?

Views
9 out of 10