Year 3 suggestion

• With the March update technically being the 2nd anniversary, year 3 of SoT is nigh upon us! It doesn’t feel like it’s been 2 years but wow how far this game has come! Initially the cries of the crews were for more and more content, and rightfully so. Because if this the game has never been more rich and deep than it ever has been with more clearly on the horizon! But the winds have begun to change, and the cries heard from the depths of the seas have changed their tune. The game needs some polish. The barnacles need scraping off. To accomplish this I recommend we switch to bi-monthly content updates. With the time spent in between focused on big repair. Fact is each new update brings a new slew of bugs, and the old bugs thrive for months before getting attention. But extending the time between content would allow each update to feel richer in what it brings, as well as ensuring its thoroughly tested well before it drops to minimize its breakability. And the off time being used for smaller, even semi-weekly updates to fix the many issues we’ve seen as well as look at balancing, would improve the experience greatly for all crews.

TL:DR - going forward release new content only every other month, with the months in between focusing on balancing and bug fixing

Views
    feedbackgeneralquestionjust for funevents
  • @a-cry1ng-orphan I wish this was the case but without monthly update, sadly, this forum is more than likely to be overun with treads titled "Muh content" and "SoT is boring"

• @sailorkek You’re not wrong. But what people need to realize is that’s the balance. And honestly if each bi monthly update had enough stuff people would make that complaint much less. Right now the two biggest complaints are how monthly updates make the content feel...cheap or half-a$$ed. And the amount of bugs just seems to get worse, especially for Xbox players. But quality bi-monthly content would be a good middle ground

• @sailorkek maybe but if they do bi monthly updates Rare can focus on adding better content. Imo the content rn is already bad. what did this update bring a new chest which is kinda cool, More duke quests which is hardly content and a couple new cosmetics but its a cosmetic game so that is expected, finally tomes which is terrible content as it is just finding a chest and a key and unlocking them which is really boring imo.

• @a-cry1ng-orphan I agree they do need this. The amount of bugs and glitches and overal problems in this game is insane. I might have missed it in your post but just in case it isn't in there they need to focus on pvp fixes. such as hit reg back tracks which is more of the servers but still relates to pvp in a huge way.

Views
feedbackgeneralquestionjust for funevents
4 out of 5