Please release SOT for PS4

• I think we can all agree that SOT is overdue to be released to all platforms, more specifically Playstation. The market is huge and you could sell the game at a premium price to compensate Microsoft not willing to share this masterpiece. Please give the people what they want and bring SOT to PS4.

Views
  • @obsessedjoker89 Microsoft exclusive game.

Why would they bring one of their flag ships to their competitors?

• @cotu42 Very true. PS4 has plenty of exclusives they wont share. That's the idea of it being exclusive.

@ObsessedJoker89 buy an Xbox. I bought a PS4 for its exclusives.

• @obsessedjoker89 Rare is a Microsoft game studio, Microsoft owns xbox and are huge on the pc market i see not even a slither of a chance of this game coming to playstation at any point in time

• @obsessedjoker89 Same answer as someone asks for God of War or Uncharted releasing for XBox

By the way, imo Tomb Raider is much better than Uncharted

• Nope, I recommend buying a better console like Xbox One, or using Xbox from a Windows 10 PC... In both cases you can use Game Pass!

• @cotu42 that’s easy, MONEY. We’re in 2020 and we’re seeing more and more games being compatible with cross play between all platforms. At the end of the day I realize that Microsoft wants to keep it an Xbox and pc exclusive, but I think it’s an outdated and childish method to sales. You should be able to buy a console without worrying about brand exclusives anymore. Not to mention that playstation has more users by a rather large margin than Xbox I might add, so again more money!

• @phantaxus only issue I see with this logic is that next gen consoles are on the brink of release, and then what? Hope for backwards compatibility? I know Microsoft probably will never release this for Playstation because we have exclusives as well but it just seems like an outdated method to sales. They work, but not as well as you might think.

• Buy dreams and try to recreate Sea of Thieves in that.

• All systems have 1st party games. They aren't exclusives they are just games that they make themselves. Exclusives is more a 3rd party term where a contract has been signed to keep a particular game on a particular system.

• @trixster13 Oh meow.. retract the claws princess

• Didn't mean to come off as offense. Be cool if some tried to recreate Sea of Thieves on dreams.

• @trixster13 That’d be awesome, but I’ve been waiting for a long time. That’s why I made this post to see what the general consensus was about the topic.

• @obsessedjoker89 The Series X will have backwards compatibility. Not just with Sea of Thieves but with any game released on the 360 and the original Xbox - they said this at E3 last year.

Moving forwards Microsoft wants to keep first party titles aligned across the consoles for two years, this means that any game published by Microsoft will run on the Xbox One/S/X and Series One, however there will probably be graphical improvements in resolution and possibly frame-rates as you move towards the higher end consoles.

• @phantaxus sagte in Please release SOT for PS4:

@obsessedjoker89 The Series X will have backwards compatibility. Not just with Sea of Thieves but with any game released on the 360 and the original Xbox - they said this at E3 last year.

Moving forwards Microsoft wants to keep first party titles aligned across the consoles for two years, this means that any game published by Microsoft will run on the Xbox One/S/X and Series One, however there will probably be graphical improvements in resolution and possibly frame-rates as you move towards the higher end consoles.

I wouldn't bet on this, that ALL games from 360 and original XBox will be playable...but at least every game that's playable on XBox One...

Where did they say that? As far as I know, this is just a rumore

• @schwammlgott at E3 last year just after they announced the final batch of backwards compatibility games, they then said it was final because backwards compatibility was going to be built into the next generation of consoles.

• @obsessedjoker89

How will they distinguish themselves from Sony if they give Sony all their games?

Yes, more games are cross platform and not made exclusively for one party. Yet Sony has been reluctant to share and unless both parties open up the platforms they aren't going to just hand over their list of exclusive games to the other end.

Xbox has less players, partially due to the less variety of the exclusive games, while PS has the lead in users due to what is considered the better list. Now you want Microsoft that is already lacking behind in diversity to reduce it to hand it over to Sony?

You state money, but it would also go to Sony if sold on PS, how the division is made is important for the companies and I doubt Sony is willing to give enough of the money to Microsoft to offer the game to abolish the exclusive nature and have Rare add support for the platform.

• @phantaxus sagte in Please release SOT for PS4:

@schwammlgott at E3 last year just after they announced the final batch of backwards compatibility games, they then said it was final because backwards compatibility was going to be built into the next generation of consoles.

We will see if they really get this working...would be awesome actually! Want to play the Prince of Persia - Sands of Time - Trilogy again
    By now it's just the first one that works on the XBox One

Views
1 out of 18