NPCs Update - Deadshot Charlotte - Lone Cove

• Deadshot Charlotte -
    "There's a fly on that tall tree over there.
    If you asked me to shoot it from here...
    I'd ask you 'which eye?'."

Many of the NPCs from the cargo run update seem... empty. Each character seems to have their own stories, sharing vague sentences to keep us guessing as to what could be next but right now they seem pointless, you give them the occasional random plant for some reason only to leave them alone on an island with no defense from the multiple threats of the Sea of Thieves, the ones in the Devils Roar just sit there taking volcanic rocks to the face all day... "my immersion dies"
    These characters needs some life and with that comes my first instillation of my "NPC updates". With each character I will try my best to make them unique, giving the players a reason to visit this particular island/individual. If when reading this you have any ideas of your own to share, please leave a comment below.

Without further ado;

Deadshot Charlotte - Bounty Hunter

-Cargo Jetty/ Dock
    A new Jetty has been proped up on the South West coast for the ships that come to do business with finest shot of the known seas.
    (Plans for each NPC, forgive the quality, first time editing and i'm using paint haha)
    https://imgur.com/gallery/BDPgjg5

-Bounty Hunting Contract

What's it like, hunting bounties?
    You ask Charlotte, eagerly to learn.

"Easy. You get a name, you find out where they like to go, you shoot them, you get paid.
    Half of my targets wander up to me of their own accord, just like you did.
    I've got one here for you, if you're interested.
    Honest work for honest pay, that's what I say."

https://imgur.com/6O2c1IG

Made from concept designs of the OOS contact, charlotte will give you a name, face, place and/or the price. Track down your target to earn the reward, question other NPCs as to if they have seen this player pass by.

Although the Reapers mark works as an alternative, this method makes the "hunter" actaully track down thier target opposed to just look on the map, it would also make the "hunted" all the more tense without them even knowing they're being hunted.

"You seen this Pirate?"
    You ask the Senior Trader Maureen of Plunder Outpost.

"Ah yes, I've seen them. Try over at 'The Finest Trading Outpost,' from what I know that one is a keen fisher "
    You board your vessel, ready to finish the contract.

Upon killing the target, the conract is complete, return to Charlotte for your reward and your next victim.

-Duck Hunt

Charlotte's got a rival, Lone Cove known habitants are snakes, pigs, the occasional pirate and skeleton and of course Charlotte. But strangely enough, also lives another creature, a natural born survivor faster than any pirate at full sprint, a single white chicken...

Unknown as to how it got here, at this point Charlotte just wants it gone. The reason as to why is both strange and also comical. When she initially saw this bird she thought of what most pirates do when they see a chicken, "Lunch!" but claims each time she has taken a shot, a pig blocks it or a skeleton jumps at her from the bushes.

The last time she tried she fell off a rock face and almost broke her neck. Assured that she has been cursed with bad luck, Charlotte asks for your help. Capture it, kill it, she doesnt care. She only wants it off of this Island.

"I'll pay you, how's a monkey (500) sound?
    I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU DO WITH IT, JUST GET IT OFF MY ISLAND!"

-Shooting Themed Minigames

Small activities on Lone Cove to pass the time with your crew or others.

Ninety-nine Bottles on Rum
    Target practice by shooting rum bottles off a fence. 50 gold per bottle *inside the bottle? *, refreshes every sunrise to prevent exploits.

Skull Capping
    A field filled with skulls comes alive as a horde of skeletons rise up, with brittle skulls they die in one headshot but their bodies are as strong as gold. Kill as many as possible in X amount of time depending on how much is spent. A scoring system could be involved but depends on the games limitations with adventure mode. More or less useful for headshot practice.

Clay Shooting
    Pay Charlotte 200 gold for 5 throwable discs that explode when shot. Your crewmates thorws whilst you shoot and vice-versa

Views
    communityjust for funfeedbackgeneral
  • Small adition:
    Being a crack shot, Charlotte should be able to sell unique pistols and snipers every once in a while. As well as the gun, a different crack reticle in the EoR, something I might do a seperate thread on later.

At least that'd give people a reason to use them.

• I like all the ideas you presented. Mini games on islands would be cool because pirates would sail to islands and play the games, sometimes their ship might be defenseless, presenting a whole possibility of situations. Ships would possibly spend more time at islands, if there were things to do (like mini games).

For the bounties, it might be a cool way for Rare to implement ship names as well. The contract would state something like “Hunt down Skunk Forest sailing on the Barrel Boys” (couldn’t think of any cool names at the top of my head).

• @skunk-forest also it would be cool if the NPCs had more exposure to the game. Besides just standing at their given faction stands, they could be around on the island making a quick chore or talking to the tavern lady. Or even, the NPC could be missing from an outpost or supposed spot and you have to track them down in order to sell a given item.

• As this thread was months old and revived today, it will now be locked.

A general reminder to all, please avoid reviving threads aged past 30 days, as it is considered a necro, and is against our Forum Rules.

Bumping Threads
    Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting very old threads is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Views
communityjust for funfeedbackgeneral
1 out of 5