We need new weapons

• It has been two years and all we have seen are a couple new cannonballs. Rare wants to promote combat so they add new items hoping that people will fight over them, but nobody does... if you want combat then new weapons would definitely do the trick. Not new cannonballs, that isn't going to change anything. When the game first released, ALL the combat was new and people fought everywhere because everyone was learning to use everything. A new weapon like a spear would open up so many new confrontations. We really REALLY need a new weapon. There is no way I'm the only one that feels this way.

Views
    competition
  • @nagthenaggy

What other kind of weapon do you believe the game needs?

• @nagthenaggy

It’s not the worst idea ever. A new weapon would be pretty cool. I just don’t think it’s going to cause more combat to happen or force new confrontations as you put it. I assume you are talking about PvP. A lot of community members think there is too much confrontation as it is ( I disagree completely).

• @targasbr definitely new melee weapons or maybe a ranged weapon. A spear would be really cool for keeping enemies back at a range, like if they are trying to board the ship or trying to get up some stairs. It could also be used as a new way to fish! Something like a crossbow would also be a great new ranged weapon and would be fun to use. It would be cool to see arrows sticking out of players while they fight.

• WEAPON. DAMAGE OTHER

Double barrel 50-60each no scope
    MUSKET.

Axe. 40-50. Slow speed

Throwable 20.
    Axe/nice

Double barrel 40-50 each
    blunder

• @nagthenaggy said in We need new weapons:

@targasbr definitely new melee weapons or maybe a ranged weapon. A spear would be really cool for keeping enemies back at a range, like if they are trying to board the ship or trying to get up some stairs. It could also be used as a new way to fish! Something like a crossbow would also be a great new ranged weapon and would be fun to use. It would be cool to see arrows sticking out of players while they fight.

a spear isn't in pirate times but it could fit the lore

@targasbr definitely new melee weapons or maybe a ranged weapon. A spear would be really cool for keeping enemies back at a range, like if they are trying to board the ship or trying to get up some stairs. It could also be used as a new way to fish! Something like a crossbow would also be a great new ranged weapon and would be fun to use. It would be cool to see arrows sticking out of players while they fight.

I don't think spears and crossboe would fit the theme so well.

• I have PvP, so it's a no from me.

Plus fire is a weapon, that's fairly new.

• @targasbr it fits the lore. The ancients used spears

• @closinghare208 said in We need new weapons:

@nagthenaggy said in We need new weapons:

Historically speaking boarding pikes were definitely a thing in the Golden Age of Piracy.

@targasbr it fits the lore. The ancients used spears

Hand held harpoon anyone????

• I want a whip, low damage output but high melee range.
    Plus I really need something to whip my crew into shape sometimes, inpretend with the fishing rod but it not the same...

Cat o' nine tails for a variant skin.

@targasbr it fits the lore. The ancients used spears

The Ancients used magic, I don't think that even if it is in the lore, it is logical that the pirates use magic.

• @browncoat-bdh said in We need new weapons:

@closinghare208 said in We need new weapons:

@nagthenaggy said in We need new weapons:

Historically speaking boarding pikes were definitely a thing in the Golden Age of Piracy.

I mean techcally boarding pikes aren't spears and marlin spikes are a weapon that could come to the game

• @sailorkek said in We need new weapons:

I want a whip, low damage output but high melee range.
    Plus I really need something to whip my crew into shape sometimes, inpretend with the fishing rod but it not the same...

Cat o' nine tails for a variant skin.

yeah and then they would change the rating if people liked it

• @closinghare208 what do you mean?

• I'd like an option to dual wield either 2 swords or 2 pistols. Don't get more pirate than that!

• @sailorkek said in We need new weapons:

@closinghare208 what do you mean?

I think you know what I mean with a whip

• @boomtownboss said in We need new weapons:

I'd like an option to dual wield either 2 swords or 2 pistols. Don't get more pirate than that!

or cowboy with two pistols lol

• Well, cursed cannonballs and throwables are not to be scuffed in the manner the OP does in my opinion. They impact combat in a significant manner.

Whether the game is ready to have additional weapons added to the arsenal that is to be seen. I personally am not a big fan of the combat system and weaponry balance in its current state. So, I have my doubts if it will be better by adding more elements to the mix.

That said a boarding axe is one of the most reoccurring requests on the forums and in theory I have no issues with the arsenal being expanded if it would be available to all pirates and done properly.

Views
competition
19 out of 20