Ashen Devilfish Carved from Basswood

• The smallest fish in Sea of Thieves.

Always looking angry. In fact, a view that you don't get ingame is staring eye to eye with the devilfish. The attitude reminds me of a piranha, yet the 2 species don't look alike.

There are 3 fish that have this severe under bite, The devilfish, The battlegill, that also has crazy spine fins, and the wreckers, that has the spine fins and the under bite and thorny teeth. Those fins are going to be a challenge.

So now 4 are done

Views
  • @liningthrower69
    Amazing work! I've been curious if you wanted to do one of the night fish.

• @testakleze I been thinking about this and have some elaborate idea about scanning one of my fish, then 3d printing it with translucent filament, then load it with LEDs. My 2 big obstacles are where to scan it and how to manipulate the file to allow for a break in the fish to access the inside. THEN I can have an incredible night light

• @liningthrower69 awesome work!

• @liningthrower69 That would be the coolest night light. Have you considered which fish to use?

• @testakleze I like the soft blue color from the Watery Plentifin. That would be my first choice.

• @liningthrower69 That's what I would have chosen. Definitely my favorite night fish, but I thought you might go with a different one since you've already made a plentifin.

• Very well done matey!

• These fish are amazing.

My favorite is your Plentifin, mostly because of the vibrant colors. Love the contrasting dark blue with hot pink, and how much of the brightness and color you retained translating something from Shores of Plenty to our own realm. As for the Devilfish, you captured his grouchy attitude really well. The details of all the fish are great too, like the frilled ends of the fins despite you mentioning that being a challenge.

Seeing all four of these together as a school is especially impressive.

• So beautiful. Perfect craftsmanship. How did you upload those pics?

• @liningthrower69

Those are brilliant, love them.
    Now I have a question... how quickly can you produce 180 Ruby Splashtails? :)

THE HUNTERS HAUL

• @outeatamerica My camera saves the photos to my google photos "drive/cloud". I click on the photo I want and then click on the share icon, then click on make a link. Then copy paste in the forum. Hope this helps. I wish this forum would let me upload photos

Views
1 out of 12