Rough Seas

• I was excited for Xbox only servers purely on the hope it would improve lag/rubberbanding/overall connection sketchyness when getting around other players. I think it may actually be worse somehow?

Doesn't matter if it's a solo on a sloop or a galleon crew in the vicinity, I lose almost all functionality. Can't get up the ladder, can't shoot a cannon, can't walk straight. Just all goes to pot. Doesn't matter if the other crew is attacking or just minding their own business, I have the same issues.

My regular crewmate gets the same experience at the same time I do so it isn't exclusive to my connection. Anyone else? I'm open to suggestions...

Views
  • I don't think there is really anything you can do.
    I think it comes down to optimisation on xbox, the X1X fairs a bit better but still sub par. The game performed a lot better at launch, now it feels slow and gets regular frame drops and connection issues.

I think rare just need to move off the monthly updates for a while and just focus on performance.
    A few graphics settings on xbox might help a lot, being able to decrease graphical fidelity in exchange for more fps or faster loading.

• @oversize-hitbox appreciate the response, mate. Makes the playing experience so frustrating on all aspects. :(

• @snarft21 I've noticed some similar things.

At times, the seas are as rough as a storm, but clear weather.

I've seen cannonballs fired from above the canon itself during certain encounters.

Hit registration is all over the shop. For instance I shot a guy with the flintlock the other day, thinking I missed after seeing wood fly to the right of him, but he died. Then a blunder do 75% damage from a pirate that was in the water, behind the ship while I was on the canopy of a sloop.

Those are just off the top of my head. Hopefully it's just a case of the update needing a patch to improve its stability.

• I play on the Xbox one X, and i do not use an SSD, and have sailed many hours on both opt out and the crossplay servers since the update. And myself and everyone i have sailed with have all experienced terrible lag, glitches etc etc. My average black screen time is now getting ridiculous. Fall off the ship, catch a mermaid, go make a brew, come back and i might almost be ready to be reintroduced with my ship and crew!
    Then you have the ships wheel that will try hard to break both your pirates wrists as you approach every island as it thrashes wildly out of control.

We do not need another month of lame content updates, as you slowly build one island up in the name of something new coming,, yawnn..

Try a quality of life fix instead. It is required.

Nothing is more off putting on a game than a game not performing well. And this game is running terribly right now.

• @snarft21 I'll point out first that the issue has little to nothing to do with the platforms you or other players are playing on, and everything to do with each others connections between themselves and the server they're all playing on. So beyond doing some testing with your own setup, there's very little you can really do about this.

I play on an OG Xbox with standard HDD, so I've always suffered from and expected lower performance, though I have noticed in this latest update that load times and lag are worse for me than in previous updates. Can only guess they tinkered with something in the background that has caused it, we'll just have to wait and see what happens in future I guess!

• No problems outside of the norm here on my XB1X w/SSD and cruddy ethernet connection.

• @snarft21

Xbox or crossplay, we all use the same Azure servers.

Thing you can use to improve network quality:

1. Swap from wifi to cable connection.
    2. Improve router and modem settings.
    3. Reduce traffic on your connection.
    4. Improve the supplied connection. (Costs money)
  • @snarft21 I'm on PC and the servers do seem more 'laggy' since the change. I'm wire into my router and connection is stable with 13ms ping and 75mb/s down.

• That's the same for me and I checked my network connection and use a wired connection but still does it

• @snarft21 Bro your having the same problem to i am lagging so bad i only have 3 apps on my xbox!

• I have yet to use the opt out and not sure if I will. I have xbox1x with ssd, hardwired into a brand new high end gaming router (just installed this weekend), with over 400mps ISP. I should have no lag at all coming from my side of things. Yet it does feel that since this latest update I am experiencing more rubber banding, screen glitches, strobe effects while running and other stuff that is getting to be annoying.

Heck, it was so bad yesterday (I was sailing solo as I usually do) that I was convinced there were 2-4 pirates hiding on my ship out of sight, LOL. I litterally checked every inch of my ship, I even checked recent players (there were no new ones listed for over 2 hours when I did this check) and even scuttled the ship to see if I was just blind to someone hiding out. During this entire time, there were no other ships in site. I am fairly sure that for at least part of this time the skelly fleet cloud was in the sky on the opposite side of the map from me, meaning no skelly ships near me to cause this. Scuttling did not fix the rubber banding or other issues. So I left the server and tried again, and once again I continued to have the same issues.

At this point I am left to believe the issue is on Rare, whether it is a code issue or server issue I am not qualified to answer. I just know it is not on my end. In fact, the reason for the new router was because I wanted to remove any doubt that there was a problem on my end.

• Arena is extremely bad with stuttering. Noticed this patch added graphical glitches and a bright blue screen flash when skeletons spawn on islands for me.

2 steps forward 3 steps back as usual. Two years in and insiders for testing still did not help with patches causing issues.

• @k1lroyw4sh3r3 the flashing is out of control! Thanks for mentioning that. Me and my crewmate feel like it correlates with the lightning, but could be anything really.

• Thank You All. In general this makes me feel better about not having any control over the issues happening. Hope improvements are made on Rare's side!

Views
5 out of 15