I was banned from the official SOT discord for no reason...

• Hello the only reason I am writing this post is because i don't have friends to play with on SOT. I used to play a lot when i was able to go on the discord but something really stupid happened and i was banned from the discord with no threat or warning at all, and if i make new accounts to try to talk to the admins they just ban me again. I eventually ended up deleting the game because without the discord it was pointless and Xbox LFG is full of toxic ppl or noobs. So let me explain what happened, one day i joined this guys game and at some point he wanted me to leave because he wanted every player in the crew to be PC only and not a mix of xbox players. I chose to stay in the crew and the person got very mad and started acting very childish, toxic and rude. He texted me on discord claiming that he was going to get people to report me and get me banned from the discord and that he knew the admins. I thought he was bluffing so i still stood in the game. Eventually at some point he left the game and then a couple mins later i was permanently banned from the officical SOT discord with no warning at all, not even a message from the mods or a message from the bot. I really want to play SOT but i can't play if the only people that take the game seriously are on a discord that I am banned from. Can somebody from rare or one of the deckhands take a look into this?? My discord tag is xSour Budx#4939. I have proof and pictures.

This person was not the one who tried to witchunt me, this was the guys friend, and he stated that he was the one trying to join the crew.

Views
  • @xggx-budz You should remove this and raise a support ticket with Rare.

Discussing moderator action is against forum rules, and will only get locked anyway. This matter is between you and Rare I’m afraid.

• @xggx-budz Ahoy matey!

This is not the right way to go about getting this issue sorted - I would reach out to support using the link below.

Contact Support

I am going to have to drop anchor here as it breaks 2 of our forum rules, discussing moderation actions and witchhunt/callouts...

Never...
    Advertise, spam, troll or engage in witch hunts. There are areas in our official Forums and on our verified Discord server where you can advertise your own community groups – just ask if you don’t know where to find them. Other kinds of advertising are not appropriate. Any form of spamming should be avoided. Trolling, baiting and witch hunts are also unacceptable. If you have evidence that you think our Customer Support team should see to help them take action against a player, send it to them using the link below.

Contact Support

Discussing Disciplinary Actions
    Discussion of disciplinary actions taken against individual players is not permitted on the Forums. Topics and posts with this content will be locked, deleted and the users involved warned. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

If you feel an action taken against you as unjust and you would like it looked into please contact support using the link below.

Contact Support

Views
2 out of 3