Tone the G*sh-D*ng lightning down!!

• I cannot emphasize this enough... since when does lightning strike the same person, ship, etc... not twice, nor three, nor four, but five (PLUS) times within the span of 2mins?

This feels just as bad as the volcanoes did, back when they were first introduced, where they were basically auto-aiming onto ships.

Tone the lightning down a bit, please?? I understand being hit maybe once... MAYBE twice... in the span of a couple minutes... but 5+ times? And I've even taken all metal items off of me, thinking maybe they were acting as conductors or something. Nope... auto-sniped by the lightning without fail. Makes trying to fish in a storm pretty much 98% impossible.

Also.... since when, if I'm standing in the hull of my ship... let's say, on a sloop... can lightning shoot directly thru the wood and hit me? Again, just blows my mind at how OP the lightning is right now.

Just my thoughts/opinions. Sorry for the rant.

Views
  • It has and been tone down.
    Maybe....idk dont sail into the storm? Or make sure your sword is put away, which is by far only way to get struck.

Also..5 times? Two strikes is enough to kill you. By the time you respawn, you should of been out of most of the strom.

• @burnbacon said in Tone the G*sh-D*ng lightning down!!:

Also..5 times? Two strikes is enough to kill you. By the time you respawn, you should of been out of most of the strom.

Yes, 5 times within 2-3ish mins... there is such a thing as healing. And this is with sword put away. In fact, I've tested it with everything put away, and just in my underwear... and this is why I'm still insisting that Lightning is too OP at its current setting.

• I was hit EIGHT TIMES upon freshly spawning at an OP the other day. I was stocking up for about a minute when the storm I heard nearby hit and was then hit by lightning 8 times in a row -even when inside one of the shops. Seriously, it's a bit much. Fun, but geeeez.

• @burnbacon I love the basic “maybe you shouldnt....” response...

Maybe I shouldn't spawn in a storm? I didnt know I could choose a spawn spot. Either offer a solution to the problem or hush. It hasn't been turned down. It was turned up. 75%. And now its too much. Should be 50/50. Lightning would never hit the same spot 8 times.

• I'm like 90% certain that when you hold out your sword or other metal objects the lighting is attracted to that so yea.

• @hashashin777
    "Maybe you shouldn't" care where you spawn and idk...let it happen? Scuttle and respawn or Grab the wheel and sail away.

It was turned down, read two months worth of patch notes back. After the FOTD was released they tone it down.

Hush and listen. Solution was given. But the sea seems to have taken it away from you, Maybe...idk reload into a new server if spawning into a game is the real issue?

• @ob9s said in Tone the G*sh-D*ng lightning down!!:

I'm like 90% certain that when you hold out your sword or other metal objects the lighting is attracted to that so yea.

And now u can be 100% certain because I can confirm to you that having a sword DOES increase the chance of lightning strike

• @gtr-chameleon
    Nah, If you can't sail out from a storm, maybe cut your losses and scuttle then respawn. Its not, just bad luck to you. Yes you do heal when you eat, but even so two strikes is enough to kill you.

I've sailed into storms to get away from chasing ships, never have I ever seen or been struck by lightning but maybe once. Even my own crewmates. At best 15min and the storm moved on.

Again, seems to be a pirate thing and not a lightning thing. Proof or evidence at these issues seems to be a demand.

-Cheers and Good sailing.

• First day sailing yesterday, as I just bought the game.

I felt like a living lightning rod, as I endured about ten strikes of lightning, inside my boat (the lightning passes through the wood to hit ME), in the span of about 3 minutes. The first 3 or 4 times I thought someone was shooting me; but no, it was really the lightning. This is absolutely impossible and I think it's a bug.

It needs fixing.

Views
3 out of 10