Reach out to your adversaries.

• So last night we battled two galleons and a sloop for the rights to the FOTD loot. The galleon crew that was originally doing the fort were some long in the tooth hard scrapin Seadogs that warranted our undivided attention. The other two ships were more of a nuisance than a viable threat but created opportunities for us once the vault was opened. As the two galleys were hammering each other we hid some loot and immediately escaped with a Gold Reapers, Red Reapers, and two Bone dust on our Brigantine. By nights end we cashed a value of 61k from the fort.
    Before signing off I messaged one of the original galleons crew (He came into our party chat earlier and declined our terms for an alliance) and Thanked them for the 61k and a great night of fighting. We exchanged several cordial messages with his last message saying "It was the most fun we've had playing the game in a long time". I told him I hoped that his crew got to cash the rest of the forts loot for they surely deserved it and that it was a blast for sure. A couple of gg's later and new friends were made.
    It's worth it to take the time and extend a kind word to your adversaries at nights end (even if you rub it in a little in good nature). It exhibits class and promotes good sportsmanship.
    I wish more people would do this instead of letting anger, pride or arrogance get the best of them. Peace............

Views
  • @dag-13ernit said in Reach out to your adversaries.:

So last night we battled two galleons and a sloop for the rights to the FOTD loot. The galleon crew that was originally doing the fort were some long in the tooth hard scrapin Seadogs that warranted our undivided attention. The other two ships were more of a nuisance than a viable threat but created opportunities for us once the vault was opened. As the two galleys were hammering each other we hid some loot and immediately escaped with a Gold Reapers, Red Reapers, and two Bone dust on our Brigantine. By nights end we cashed a value of 61k from the fort.
    Before signing off I messaged one of the original galleons crew (He came into our party chat earlier and declined our terms for an alliance) and Thanked them for the 61k and a great night of fighting. We exchanged several cordial messages with his last message saying "It was the most fun we've had playing the game in a long time". I told him I hoped that his crew got to cash the rest of the forts loot for they surely deserved it and that it was a blast for sure. A couple of gg's later and new friends were made.
    It's worth it to take the time and extend a kind word to your adversaries at nights end (even if you rub it in a little in good nature). It exhibits class and promotes good sportsmanship.
    I wish more people would do this instead of letting anger, pride or arrogance get the best of them. Peace............

aye I've done this very thing

• @closinghare208 I've built half of my inner circle by reaching out like this.

@closinghare208 I've built half of my inner circle by reaching out like this.

aye but I only did this once I don't message people because I get mad and I don't want to hurt their feeling because I like to make people happy

• @closinghare208 You know Hare I look at it like this...... I am not responsible for other peoples reactions, I'm responsible for my actions. As long as my actions exhibit those things that are considered good in this world then I'm ok it.
    A wise man once told me this: "Whatever you do in life do it with love and consider the emotional well being of those around you that might be affected by your actions".
    This advice has for the most part set my heart right concerning situations that arise in life. I hope it will do the same for those who read it.

@closinghare208 You know Hare I look at it like this...... I am not responsible for other peoples reactions, I'm responsible for my actions. As long as my actions exhibit those things that are considered good in this world then I'm ok it.
    A wise man once told me this: "Whatever you do in life do it with love and consider the emotional well being of those around you that might be affected by your actions".
    This advice has for the most part set my heart right concerning situations that arise in life. I hope it will do the same for those who read it.

aye

• I played this morn against a two manned sloop. we harassed each other a couple of times and I killed one of them right before the other got me.
    We met on the ferry and he applauded me and I gave him a friendly wave.
    All good fun and it is the spirit the game should be taken in.
    If an adversary can hear me as I am dying, they will hear me laughing like a maniac because I am having fun.

• @butterybarnacls If they hear me I'd sound like Homer Simpson stubbing his toe!😂

Views
1 out of 8