Paranoia or Cautious?

• My fellow lads and lasses. I understand the Pirate Code and have no quarrel against those who sink the lesser or the less fortunate at sea. I do however wish to make this thread a guide to those who want to be safe, and most importantly, keep their loot safe from others who venture. So I ask the veterans and strategists of these cursed seas to share your guidance to those a new, and perhaps lend a few new ideas to me and my new crew.

Example of what I mean.
    "When In doubt, check it out"
    This can mean many things, but I refer to pirates who sneak on a ship and hide in the darkest corners, and shadows of pillars and barrels. If you see a ship in the distance, and your docked on an island or outpost. Odds are, they could be a master of deception and sneak on your boat while not looking. When in doubt. Check it out. Scale your entire ship with a lamp. Call out to your crew if your spot a sleeping or sitting stow away.

"A Fort to plunder, no time to squander"
    When taking a fort. The enemies will be gruesome, hard to kill. Alas. It is best to position your ship against the island to kill the skeletons fast with your cannons. Lead them a shore and take them out quickly. Along with the bosses. As no doubt. Other players will sale towards the orange colored sky in search of the fort as well, and may very well hear the action. Leaving you with little option to engage while plundering for the vast riches of the fort. In most cases. You have already done the hard work, and are loading the precious cargo. A player from the distance may wish to take your hard earned loot. It is best to have a lifeboat with half the loot and have a contingency plan for the nearest outpost. Indeed to also to have someone stay behind and keep their ears and eyes open for a stow away looking to get an easy score from a tired crew.

These tips are to help those seeking vast riches to be cautious. Eyes and ears open me lads and lasses. I would share more, but life out of pirating is more time consuming than the life at sea. I hope others share their guidance to those who seek. As new players arrive every so often looking up to those who have the scars from the Sea of Thieves.

P.S.- (Sorry for the cringe)

Views
  • @gameseeker96 Being paranoid will let you live longer than just being cautious when it comes to being a pirate. Top 3 things I would tell to anyone starting to sail is, number one and the most important rule, learn your boat. Know the how, where, what, when and why's of sailing. Being able to have control of your boat will save your life more than anything else will. Second is keep your head on a swivel. Always look around the seas. Be fully aware of where others are and what they are doing. Third thing is turn in your loot regularly. Don't run around with 6 hours game play worth of loot on your ship. Your asking to lose it all. If you do, then don't be mad if you lose it. There are many, many things to learn about this game. Way too many to type here. Most comes from experience. Also hop on YouTube and watch tutorials. There are fantastic videos out there by great content creators. I also watch streams or videos of streamers playing the game. I watch what they do and how they do it and practice that myself. I'm Pirate Legend Athena 10. I've been playing for coming up on a year on a daily basis and I still learn new things constantly. Don't get mad if you get sunk or lose treasure. Use it as a learning experience to make yourself a better pirate!

• @venomous-sloth7 said in Paranoia or Cautious?:

@gameseeker96 There are many, many things to learn about this game. Way too many to type here. Most comes from experience.

This game has steep learning curve, which is not obvious to the new or casual player....

There really needs to be a sticky mega-thread for new players, here on the forums, in order to catalog the many, many tips and tricks that our community can provide.....

(it might also help reduce the number of 'PvE server' threads that we have to respond to constantly )

• @poslio This game does have a major learning curve to it that I don't think people expect. It took me by surprise when I first started. They do have the catagory of Gameplay Guides & Tips but there isn't a lot posted there for starting and the things you can learn as a starting player. Most things seem to be more technical. I've been trying to come up with a way to put out all those tips new players need but it is a lot of info. Not sure if a mega thread would help or if it would end up like the Gameplay Guides & Tips section. Good thought nonetheless as we do answer a lot of repeat questions but for now I'm fine with that if it's the only way to help beginners. New players are a big part of the games longevity.

Views
3 out of 4