Island of PIRATES

• I will be quickly.
    One big island in a unique server, joinable from all server by sealing in a specific point on the map and if you reach the requirement ( ex. be Legend lvl 10) .
    In this server the Open pvp is disabled, you cant kill other player, you cant sink other ship, you have no acces to other stuff like food in the barrel ecc.
    In this server the voiche chat is raccomanded , so you can talk to other player from every where.
    In the Island you the tavern where you can play some sort of game whit dice, betting ur gold.
    You have the Parkour route where you can challenge other player in a tournament every X time or day, and you can win money, title , or skin.
    You have another route where you have to run whit the grog chest , and you can have different type of race, 1player or 2uos or 3 or 4 people, making a realy race, here same like before , you can win title , money or skin, skin related whit the race of course.
    Another is a Aim challenge, for example a cannon can shot barrel in the air and you have to hit that, start whit barrel that become more difficult.
    A colosseum, where you can challenge other player in pvp just whit the sword, here also you can have 1v1 2v2 3v3 or 4v4.
    A sea Race whit your ship, here you will win a skin for the ship.
    Every tipe of competition will have his own ladder, but if you are not a competitive guy you can just go there and chill whit other player, and have that feeling of safety that you cant never have in the seas.
    World Boss event, in this server where ther is this ISLAND at random time a mega Boss will spawn in the seas whit a lot of ship, and you will need the help of everybody to win this battle, if you dont they will conquist the insland and you will have to Free it and repair it before you can use it again.
    This will add many thing to the game
    1 Real chance to have a community in the game
    2 Competition and rewards for those are looking for it
    3 something different, a place where you can stay in peace
    4 Cooperation whit other player to save the Island
    5 Forcing player and community to be organized for free the island in case of conquist from enemy npc.
    6 Cooperation in taking stuff like wood and other thing to the npc on island to repair it.
    Thanks.
    Bye.

Views
  • @giangi877

I reckon they use the sea dog outpost.
    Make it so that if u sail in and dock u be merged in the public server. When ever u sail out u keep all u got but be spawned at a random island. This way people cannot lay and wait to ganked ships that are leaving the private instance to be sunk in a black screen.

I like the core idea of this.

Edit: One big counter. Dont know how to avoid but if this is added, it can be used in a wrong way. U being chased? Sail into outpost and sail out to be spawned totally somewhere else. This must be avoided!

• @weakdexx Yes they use sea dog Outpost, like a unique server, for the counter u say it could be, but lets say that the point for joining the unique server is really at the side of the seas, really far, and when you reach it you have to do something , like playing music to get access, like for the legend in the tavern.
    This idea will add those thing to keep the player playing this game, it will force player to reach legend lvl10. ATM i see the community play this game after the patch , then after 1 o max 2 week most of people leave, the competition that that island can give to you keep you in this game, the random boss keep you in this game for pve player, i would also add some real dungeon, harder longer , whit more level and boss, that will drop unique skin.

• @giangi877

It is not about sailing into it matey.
    I mean we have a defender and attacker.
    Attacker chases the defender. If the defender than can sail into a private instance and sail out again while keeping all he got. Than this private instance is game breaking for the PvP aspect of this game. Any defender would just rush to this point to secure their loot.
    All im saying it that this need to be avoided.

• @weakdexx ye i understood what u are saying, lets say that you cant join this server if you have treasure on ur ship? also there must be different point from where you can join the island so ther will be not the thing of people camping the acces point, or maybe just the legend lvl 10 can see it whit a special map that they can by at the tavern .

• @giangi877

Aye we are on the same page.
    I do think A10 is to high req. (i could sail in as A10)
    But if u want this public instance with lots of pirates grouping together i reckon u should do a lower or no req at all. This way most pirates are able to join and i reckon on this idea the more the merrier.

• @weakdexx ye u can are right , but i would like to avoid the fact that if every body can join this server the seas risk to be empty at all, maybe at the start there will be not that much people , but player will be forced to rush to legend, i can say that you can join it if you are legend, any level of it

• I had this idea 07 04 2018

I think Sea of Thieves should have a central hub like Destiny. A big port town on it's own server so we could have as many players there as possible. You should be able to choose if you wanted to start in the 'Hub' town, or quick start the sea adventure like we do now.
    First and foremost the Hub should be a safe zone. A place to meet and chat to other like minded pirates and plan. Then go as a crew into the game proper. The Hub Town should also be full of hustle and bustle. Meaning NPC's going about business bringing life to the Hub.
    I'm just going to list some things that could be there.
    -Bars for PVE players
    -Bars for PvP players
    -Private bar for Legendary Pirates
    -Merchant factions should have grand headquarters were you can receive special missions.
    PVP Mini games like:
    -Ship battles. Betting their own gold on who will win, teams or solo players would fight in the seas around the Hub for spoils, rank and notoriety while other players watch from the shore.
    -Mini boat pirate battles on a lake.
    -Firing range. With drunk option.
    -Dueling. With drunk option.
    -Cannon firing range.
    -Cannon crew mate firing. The fired mate could have an after touch to correct shots to hit the giant target.
    -Arena battles, fist fights, sword fights.
    -Pub games (Cards).
    -Drinking games.

All these can be PVP with gambling options for the those involved or those spectating. And all games are available to spectate by all players in the hub if they choose. Just bring some life and community to the game.

That's the basics.

Sea of Thieves has a community, so give the community a place to meet pirate to pirate. Whether they PvP or Pve.

• @qu1etone I promise i didnt saw ur idea and i didnt copied it, but man im happy to see someone else that think like me, we have to push this, it will be fantastic, amazing, this game will have life.

• Rare wants players on their boat sailing the seas.
    Being actual pirates.

Not some Tortuga wannabe pirate flex fest.

• @barnabas-seadog so they give u tale tales thats all on the island, this island would be an add, if they want us every time on the boat sailing, give us more to sail, and the pirate some time went on the island for some rest.

• @giangi877 Ive said it before on a diffrent post it cant be a physical place in the world it needs to be random servers like the arena lobby and the only way to get in is through the main menu.
    And it would be a cool place to hang around meet other random crews and maybe even a new emote like the make friends but to invite players to your ship and if youve all choosed to sail it would take you to the loading screen and take you all to a random adventure server.
    The hub would fun minigames like gambling and dueling, things that i dont want to see in the normal world because that would keep players busy instead of sailing around.
    So it would have many side fun things and even your own hideout and you can even decorate it.
    That way to maintain the balance in the proper game and add a fun little place for us.

• @faceyourdemon i agree whit that, but i still think that this lobby ( server, separated from other server) must be joinable from every server and from the seas, its more real, for example, u are whit friend and u just did a raid, after that you just want to chill and relax, than u sail to this point where after doing something like playing musi ( like legend tavern) you will go in this lobby, if you can join it from the main menu you will totally skip the sea of thieves server.

• @giangi877 said in Island of PIRATES:

@faceyourdemon i agree whit that, but i still think that this lobby ( server, separated from other server) must be joinable from every server and from the seas, its more real, for example, u are whit friend and u just did a raid, after that you just want to chill and relax, than u sail to this point where after doing something like playing musi ( like legend tavern) you will go in this lobby, if you can join it from the main menu you will totally skip the sea of thieves server.

On paper it sounds fun and real but in reality you would you are giving players a safe zone which is horrible and will be abused horribly so in reality it wont do any good.
    Shooting player and hiding in a safe zone is bad.

I will be quickly.
    One big island in a unique server, joinable from all server by sealing in a specific point on the map and if you reach the requirement ( ex. be Legend lvl 10) .

I like.

In this server the Open pvp is disabled, you cant kill other player, you cant sink other ship, you have no acces to other stuff like food in the barrel ecc.

Hmm, no... Why disable PVP on a PIRATE island?

In this server the voiche chat is raccomanded , so you can talk to other player from every where.
    In the Island you the tavern where you can play some sort of game whit dice, betting ur gold.
    You have the Parkour route where you can challenge other player in a tournament every X time or day, and you can win money, title , or skin.
    You have another route where you have to run whit the grog chest , and you can have different type of race, 1player or 2uos or 3 or 4 people, making a realy race, here same like before , you can win title , money or skin, skin related whit the race of course.
    Another is a Aim challenge, for example a cannon can shot barrel in the air and you have to hit that, start whit barrel that become more difficult.
    A colosseum, where you can challenge other player in pvp just whit the sword, here also you can have 1v1 2v2 3v3 or 4v4.
    A sea Race whit your ship, here you will win a skin for the ship.
    Every tipe of competition will have his own ladder, but if you are not a competitive guy you can just go there and chill whit other player, and have that feeling of safety that you cant never have in the seas.
    World Boss event, in this server where ther is this ISLAND at random time a mega Boss will spawn in the seas whit a lot of ship, and you will need the help of everybody to win this battle, if you dont they will conquist the insland and you will have to Free it and repair it before you can use it again.
    This will add many thing to the game
    1 Real chance to have a community in the game
    2 Competition and rewards for those are looking for it
    3 something different, a place where you can stay in peace
    4 Cooperation whit other player to save the Island
    5 Forcing player and community to be organized for free the island in case of conquist from enemy npc.
    6 Cooperation in taking stuff like wood and other thing to the npc on island to repair it.
    Thanks.
    Bye.

I don't think this will fit Sea of Thieves... Some things, but not all of them.

• @targasbr For the point of pvp, its becouse if u are able to pvp other ship in a SERVER where all ship can come from all server it will be a real mess, no one would reach the island that is the most important part.
    For last point i really think this will definitely fit Sea Of Thieves, they want us as a community, this Island give you a chance to do something different, like a Luna Park , you can really meet other player and talk whit them, you can have fun whit the mini games.

• @faceyourdemon I dont get it, the point to reach the Island is at the corner of the map, far from other Island, you cant hit and run, you have to seal a bit before reaching the point, it cannot be abused if you dont allow ship whit treasure on it to travel to the Island, lets imagine a normal scenario, u are doing Raid, a ship is coming, you finish it and loot stuff, you cant run on Island travel point, i mean yes u can , but you will not be able to travel becouse u have stuff on ur ship, thats the way of counter the safe zone abuse. About Hit and hiding its impossible, if they hit u while u are doing quest before they can travel to the Island they have to reach the corner of the map.

• tbh this could be a great idea in theory, basically a social area/ crew finder hub. would be a great way to meet new players and potential crew mates without the random unpredictability of open crew.

• @stonedengram Yes, but can be more than that, a place where the community can create something.

• @giangi877 I can board a ship while they are on this safe zone steal their supplies or raise their anchor and sail their ship off to where i can harm them, or just sit and wait with a ship outside of the safe zone.
    There are a limited amount of players in a server, do you really want to make the seas feel empty? When even two of the ships are there its almost half of the ships in the server and if the server is not full then its more then half.
    No, advemture mode is where you need to look up at the horizon for other ships and can never tell their intentions, you cant feel safe its a pirate themed game.
    A place that you are forced to be friendly is awful unless its not in adventure mode.
    So again, in the game its broken a hub for that can be cool.

• @faceyourdemon I try to explain,
    point 1: in this HUB as u call, the pvp is disabled and you cannot interact whit other ship stuff, so no one can steal ur supplies, drop ur ancor or raise it.
    Point 2: when you get out of this unique Server you will join one of the random server of sea of thieves, so you cant know if the ship will spawn on ur server or not ( like the jump server) .
    Point 3 when the ship get out from this Server will spawn at random outpost, like when you enter the adventure mode from the main menu, so is pointless to wait at the enter point, and if you think that ship can wait you at the enter point i say that there are 4 different enter point, at each corner of the map so no one can camp .
    Point 4 , the seas will be empty if you dont give player a reason to play, for the one that arent legend yet this island access could be a really reason to push and play, for the legend this give something more to do, becouse if you are Athen lvl 10, what this game give to you? of course you can always do quest and raid for money, but you would need to have a lot of skin buyable at the outpost, and for the moment ther arent that much.
    Point 6: in this Island you are forced to be friendly in the way you cant attack other player and ship for counter the thing you said before ( stealing supplies ecc.) but gives you a chance to challenge other player in different way, funny way like the race whit grog or serious like the sword pvp in the colosseum,
    also ther will could be a challenge of outfit, 10 pirates walk whit an outfit and other player that want to watch can vote.
    So at the end, this will keep player playing it, who loves pvp would like to come to this island for pvp challenge and ladder, who doesnt love pvp can come just to have fun, or will have the seas a littel bit more free from the pvp hero.

• I think Sea of Thieves should have a central hub like Destiny. A big port town on it's own server so we could have as many players there as possible. You should be able to choose if you wanted to start in the 'Hub' town, or quick start the sea adventure like we do now.
    First and foremost the Hub should be a safe zone. A place to meet and chat to other like minded pirates and plan. Then go as a crew into the game proper. The Hub Town should also be full of hustle and bustle. Meaning NPC's going about business bringing life to the Hub.
    I'm just going to list some things that could be there.
    -Bars for PVE players
    -Bars for PvP players
    -Private bar for Legendary Pirates
    -Merchant factions should have grand headquarters were you can receive special missions.
    PVP Mini games like:
    -Ship battles. Betting their own gold on who will win, teams or solo players would fight in the seas around the Hub for spoils, rank and notoriety while other players watch from the shore.
    -Mini boat pirate battles on a lake.
    -Firing range. With drunk option.
    -Dueling. With drunk option.
    -Cannon firing range.
    -Cannon crew mate firing. The fired mate could have an after touch to correct shots to hit the giant target.
    -Arena battles, fist fights, sword fights.
    -Pub games (Cards).
    -Drinking games.

All these can be PVP with gambling options for the those involved or those spectating. And all games are available to spectate by all players in the hub if they choose. Just bring some life and community to the game.

That's the basics.

Sea of Thieves has a community, so give the community a place to meet pirate to pirate. Whether they PvP or Pve.

• @giangi877 So it isnt a physical place like ive said but youve said no.
    And the seas wont be empty without it lol many players play the game without it just fine, the right way it can be amazing

• @faceyourdemon we had a misunderstantig i think, i mean is physical place becouse you reach it by sealing, but its in an unique server joinable from every server, so when you join it you will be far from island but you can see it and you ll have to seal to reach it. but its in another server differente from others

• @giangi877 Oh i see, intresting its like going to the glorious ses dogs outpost and joining a server from the arena,yeah man i like it.

• Very nice idea.

• @faceyourdemon yes, lets say its like when at the end of the tall tales you go to the shore of gold island, its out of normal server, thats it, but you have to change server to join it. i dont know if i explained well, you have a point, reached that point you will be transfered to this unique server, the also can upgrade the shore of gold island into this, they already have it.

• Give me your feedback

• @giangi877 This game is focused on PvPvE, removing one of these features is removing the base of the game. Rare wants us to be a community for sure, but a community needs to learn that there are times when we should attack or not. Barring weapons in one part of the game does not make sense, players should learn not to attack when there is no need. You don't take away a pirate's freedom.

• @targasbr I would remove the possibility to attack just in the SERVER (LOBBY, HUB ) where you are not supposed to go there to fight other ship but to interact whit other player and challenge them in regular way whit the minigames that can include also a 1v1 whit the ship.
    I appreciate the way you trust in the community but imagine if you can go in this server whit other like 10 ship at the port of the island and you are free to sink them, steal supplies, take them ship away, ecc, it would be a big mess, whit people allied waiting for the ship that are coming from other server just to attack them and sink them, or even worst on the island we you cant even make 2 step and 4 people jump on you killing you. If you see, in the Arena lobby you cant attack noone, becouse they now that you would spend all time killing people, not me personally but ther are a lot of player that would ruin the experience that the Island was thought for.

@targasbr I would remove the possibility to attack just in the SERVER (LOBBY, HUB ) where you are not supposed to go there to fight other ship but to interact whit other player and challenge them in regular way whit the minigames that can include also a 1v1 whit the ship.

For what? I am still against it, the base of the game is to attack other players, it makes no sense to remove this option.

I appreciate the way you trust in the community

I don't trust.

but imagine if you can go in this server whit other like 10 ship at the port of the island and you are free to sink them, steal supplies, take them ship away, ecc, it would be a big mess, whit people allied waiting for the ship that are coming from other server just to attack them and sink them, or even worst on the island we you cant even make 2 step and 4 people jump on you killing you.

But this is part of the game. No safezones.

If you see, in the Arena lobby you cant attack noone, becouse they now that you would spend all time killing people, not me personally but ther are a lot of player that would ruin the experience that the Island was thought for.

I think it is wrong, removing this possibility is not right. You don't take away a pirate's freedom.

• @targasbr I know what is the base of the game, but in this Idea you hare in a special server whit just one Island where all ppl from all server can join, it have to be a safe zone becouse that specific server is not thinked for have ship war and people killing other people, it would if the crew can conquist the Island, but is a different thing.
    You have to be safe to go to the island and chill whit other people, you can't take pirate freedom ok, but the pirate can have a path when they are in this server.

• Awesome idea!! I totally agree with you! The game needs something that let the players challenge in a deeper way, like a lot of other games! A ranking ladder with rewards where you can lose or gain points, a neutral island where every servers converge in which activities are available everyday. What do you think about dungeons with bosses and special loot?

@targasbr ...but in this Idea you hare in a special server whit just one Island where all ppl from all server can join...

We don't have enough players even for the servers we already have, creating one more would separate the players.

• @targasbr so you saying, the game is diyng so let's it die. This Idea can bring back people to play

Views
1 out of 58