Bug: Getting spawned on a random island instead of the ship.

• Two nights in a row now, once during a kraken encounter and a second time whilst getting chased down for a reapers bounty, I have been spawned onto a random island instead of our boat.

Night 1, whilst my mate is manning the ship by himself fighting off a kraken, I go through the door of the ferry only to be spawned on Snake Island, MILES away from our ship. So I quickly run to the mermaid, where does it spawn me? Snake island again! I try this 4 or 5 times and it just keeps throwing me up on Snake Island. So I get myself killed instead to see if that works, nope still chucking me at snake island. Luckily my guy escaped the kraken on his own and I eventually made it back to the ship.
    Tonight, we are getting chased down by a 2 man sloop for the reapers bounty we have, its gaining on us so I try to board them to drop anchor, I get killed. No problem right? I can try again. NOPE game decides to spawn me on an island again leaving the fight 2 against 1, they obviously out maneuvered my mate and sunk our ship and took our stuff. Meanwhile I'm hearing everything that's happening whilst feeling completely useless stranded on a random island.

Has anybody else experienced this? It's a shame swearing isnt allowed on this forum because I really cant stress enough how much this has ticked me off. Completely unfair, completely unacceptable.

Views
  • @scrubber89 Yup, happens quite regularly. Normally I would just advise you to open a support ticket, but they have developed a tendency to just mark stuff as solved even if it quite clearly has not been solved and probably not even looked at.

• @scrubber89

This can happen if loot or another player is blocking spawn points. It's more likely on sloop because there are only a few spawn locations.

• This happened to me twice, and the first time was a crucial moment.

We were picking a shipwreck in a sloop next to galleons grave, no ships on the horizon. I dive down and through poor food management drowned.

But the bug is after coming off the ferry, i respawn at Castaway isle. I immediately look for a mermaid thinking "That's wierd".

I spawn a second time maybe its been 3 minutes since drowning? When i "regain consciousness" on our sloop, to my surprise i am staring at another sloop that is full standstill, anchored with cannons facing us maybe 20 yards away.

I immediately start an evasive sequence but they open fire and proceed to blast us to bits, but that seems like a pretty blatant exploit. Going from no ships around, to being sent to the wrong island, so that when you return another ship was allowed to completely set-up for an attack?

This happened again within a week, but the second instance did not result in an evident exploits or immediate combat.

• Recently, I've had extra long black loading screens from the ferry just to be thrown back into the water near a merm. Taking the merm leads me... right back to the water where the merm is.... never ending loop.

Views
4 out of 5