Story Time! "Two gilded Athenas, an unluck galleon, and the missing fort key"

• Avast ye Scallywag's! (Buckle In!)

Gather around and let me tell you a tale. This story begins like any other gilded Athena voyage, with high hopes, excitement and a healthy dose of fear.

Like any day on the seas our two man sloop must be ready to take on any adversary. However, you can often attract more bee's with honey. In the first leg of our voyage we sailed upon a one man sloop running the same gilded Athena voyage. Instead of shooting first and asking questions later we tried diplomacy. While the temptation of a docked row boat loaded with blindingly shiny chests was hard to ignore, having a friend on the seas to watch our back and help us cash in twice the loot was too good to pass up.

Halfway through our voyage a long time thief and friend returned from shore leave (hopped online) to pursue untold treasures with us. Unfortunately our boat was full. However, our new friend and ally was more than happy to have an extra set of hands.

Not only were we able to turn in all of our loot but we managed to swipe and turn in six count them SIX Athena's. That's one hand and one hooks worth! It was a very lucrative day.

To top off our long journey we decided to investigate a long standing Fort that we had thought to have been ignored. Only to find a Galleon anchored just outside.

This was our chance to wrestle the spoils away from some unsuspecting crew. Say what you will about the dangers of a four man galleon, I'll take the odd of two full sloop crews every time.

We descended upon them with a barrage of hellfire, cannons and even a powder keg. Their ship wasn't long for this world. They had just made it to the final wave. We fought valiantly and had the Skeleton lord on the run but we saw in the distance a galleon with the wind at its back charging in for revenge. We were low on supplies and had no more explosive barrels to ensure a safe and quick victory so we backed off.
    One sloop went to a nearby outpost for a supply run and to turn in any last items that could have been confiscated through a rough battle. My crew stayed behind to play pass interference.

The pirate gods smiled upon, because a ghost pirate galleon rose from the watery depths right next to our foe. We managed to circle the fort opposite the skeleton galleon. Trading shots to wear down our foe's resources and distracting them in order to have our full team back at their throats.

The skies cleared and we knew it was too late. They finished off the skeleton lord. They immediately dropped all sails and headed north with the wind at their back. I made chase, keeping an eye on them and leaving my crew on the fort to intercept any last ditch effort to skulk away from the fort with a full row boat of booty.

Their galleon was fast, the wind was in their favor, and the idea of getting that fort key was slipping out of my grasp.
    The pirate gods knew I needed a miracle. A chance to catch up, to inspect their ship to learn the location of the fort key.

So they sent the Kraken. Black ink streched across the horizon, giant tentacles reached to the sky and began engulfing the galleon in it's clutches.

I was a safe distance away but had to know, I had to find out. I launched towards the inky mess and swam to their ship.

Unfortunately, It was too late. Their ship sank, they fled to their getaway mermaid and the ocean was black as mud. Nothing bright, shiny or even remotely keylike rose to the surface.

I sailed back to pick-up my crew mate and headed towards the nearest outpost for resupply.

In sea of thieves, you win some... you lose some...

Views
1 out of 1