New customizable item. MASKS

• I'm gunna keep this short and sweet lol

The mysterious stranger has one, now I want one lol I wanna see a cult of masked pirates everywhere I go lol makes them look more intimidating. Maybe add cape/hood options to go with it.

Diff styles for gold hoarders, OAS, swatch buckler with diff designs! Omg a glowy legend and ghost one! Yesssss pleasssseee!

Views
  • I like this idea and quite frankly thought the same thing myself when looking at the mysterious stranger.

• @tubiansayne

Masks, hoods, necklaces, rings, ear-rings, wraps... just some of the customisation items I would love to see added to the game.

• I think there was another post about such an idea some time ago. They said they would look into the mask bit. I would honestly like to get a mask. As @RealStyli also mentioned, i'd love to get some of those as well. At most i'd do a necklace that looks like some kind of totem and golden rings to show off my pirate's greed. Who knows, if we ever got a skeleton curse (come on Rare, let us be skeletons already!), I would make a bit of a backstory where I became cursed via my necklace.

• @sargent-sully

I would love more curses too. I want the glowy legend eyes soooooo bad! But a skelle/semiskelle curse would be awesome too!

• @tubiansayne Ohhh I got it, how about the Legend Eyes for maxing out PL (which would possibly get some of them to calm down for a bit), but as for the skeletal half/partial and full skeletal. Maybe have it tied to either usage of cursed cannon-balls or maybe some new event or tall tale. I think captain falcore mentioned they think Duke is possibly going down Wanda's path of becoming cursed, so maybe we could take his curse for him? I mean given what we did for the Ferryman in his Tall Tale he would probably allow us to break the curse yet keep the ability to use it.

• @sargent-sully

I love both ideas!

I was thinking about this today and an ashen curse would be cool too!!! 😁

• We're a Sea of Thieves - not a Sea of Spies...

Masks, while admittedly cool, ruin the wonderfully ugly visage that is your pirate, as it hides your true nature and rugged emotions, hence why the Masked Stranger uses it - she's not a pirate; she's a villain.

• @galactic-geek Uh, Hello!? We're pirates, deceitfulness is part of being a pirate. Plus we are in a tropical setting, we could easily get tribal masks of the ancients or something like that.

• I think this idea could be a lot of fun! Masks would add a whole new element of customization with so many various styles and colors to choose from. 👏👍

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

• @tubiansayne said in New customizable item. MASKS:

I'm gunna keep this short and sweet lol

The mysterious stranger has one, now I want one lol I wanna see a cult of masked pirates everywhere I go lol makes them look more intimidating. Maybe add cape/hood options to go with it.

Diff styles for gold hoarders, OAS, swatch buckler with diff designs! Omg a glowy legend and ghost one! Yesssss pleasssseee!

aye I want masks now

• @sargent-sully said in New customizable item. MASKS:

@galactic-geek Uh, Hello!? We're pirates, deceitfulness is part of being a pirate. Plus we are in a tropical setting, we could easily get tribal masks of the ancients or something like that.

aye but how would we find them to keep with the lore?

• @realstyli said in New customizable item. MASKS:

@tubiansayne

Masks, hoods, necklaces, rings, ear-rings, wraps... just some of the customisation items I would love to see added to the game.

what about a thing like calico jack Rackham has on his head or a jack sparrow bandana

• I could really go for a hooded cloak or long coat. Cold sailing those seas at night.

• Mark my words, if we gain masks, we won't be saving face - literally. They will all be hidden.

• @sargent-sully

I love the idea of tribal masks!!! That sounds fantastic!

• @inboundbomb

Even without the masks hoods wood still be an awesome addition!

• @closinghare208

Oh bandanas would be legit too! Great idea!

• @spiralout46and2

I love that you responded with actual mask designs! Lol those would all be great additions!!!

• mmm I don't know, I don't want SoT to become a Fortnite (enough with the dances).

• If masks are added, make them Pirate Legend exclusive like the hair dyes in the Hideout. Give Pirate Legends more of a reward, what they have currently is a joke.

• @quietrobot you can't argue with more customization

• @simplelyricc It can be discussed, if they implement it taking care of the game design is perfect.

• @tubiansayne said in New customizable item. MASKS:

@spiralout46and2

I love that you responded with actual mask designs! Lol those would all be great additions!!!

Yeah haha, thanks! I tried to find ones that are half masking the face but half open too, so it's not completely covering it but just adding a bit of fun and mystique lol. I would love masks like these and think they would be fun in the game. They could be made to match outfit sets or designed to go with the theme of the various factions (Gold Hoarders, Order of Souls, Merchant). The one in the picture that the man is wearing has a golden theme to it and it already looks a little Gold Hoarder-ish lol. 😄👏✨🌴

• @closinghare208 Well in terms of tribal masks, perhaps some could be found in some of those weird tribal tombs. They did mention they wanted to expand the world, so more underground or underwater areas, perhaps more areas like the Shore of Gold. I'd honestly love to see one other island like the Shore of Gold. Giant with huge towering cliff-faces, splintered rope-bridges, traps, and tribal skeletons. I mean we did see those concept pieces long ago for tribal/ancient skeletons that looked like witch doctors. Perhaps our introduction to masks could be from going after them in some new tall tale or event.

• @nabberwar

I COULD NOT AGREE MORE. THE LEGEND HIDEOUT NEEDS LOVE IMMEDIATELY!

• @spiralout46and2

Someone made a comment that the sea would be filled with mask wearers and I can see that happening...🤔 perhaps add jewelry, piercings etc and you get the options for JUST ONE. You either wear the mask, the nose piercing or the earrings not all? That way it could be implemented without the sea looking like a mask cult ha ha

I like your idea too where they are half masks! Themed to the diff outfits is a must too! Gotta make sure even with a mask you can still see all the pirates chewing on their own tongue! That's the only thing I can think of for why they have a chewing animation 24/7 🤣

• @tubiansayne

I don't think most people would wear the masks full time.. It might be something fun to try now and then, but I think they would be removed a lot of the time too (kind of like the eyepatch or the green Fort of the Damned face paint - I really never see anyone wearing these things on their face anymore lol). So I don't know, I still think they would be a fun addition to the options we have to wear when we feel like it. 🐱‍👤😄

I like the idea of jewelry and piercings too! My pirate would love a set of hoop earrings and it would look perfect because I always have her hair up in a bun lol. 😁👌

Yeah, we can't cover up the tongue chewing though lol. 😂 I point this out to my friends sometimes and crack up laughing when I'm standing in front of them and zoon in on their mouth with my Spyglass and watch them chewing their tongue lol. 😮😋👍😅🤭 Sometimes I ask them what flavor gum they're chewing too because it must be good lol. 😁😋👌😂🤝🌊

• @spiralout46and2

That's true I can def see it being hyped for a bit and then fading out to only be some people! I myself think i might leave it! I love my pirate but the idea of running around with a creepy mask or a glowing athena one seems too good to pass up!!!

Combine the legend curse (glowing eyes) with a glowy mask yesssssssss please make this happppeeennnn!!

Ha ha i do that all the time I'll randomly run up to people and hand them food and the conversation will go

Crew - uhhh? Thanks?

Me- Your welcome! You looked hungry so I thought you could use that!

Crew - is that a skinny/fat joke?

Me- Nope! You seem to be super focused on chewing your own tongue so I thought I'd give you something better to nom on!

Crew - THATS A NORMAL ANIMATION YOU DO THAT TOO!!!

Me- No I don't! Just you!

Crew- Yes you do! Cmere I'll prove it!

precedes to chase me around the boat slashing and shooting at me cuz I wont stand still

I just got an emote bundle so when my crew shoots me I can fake die too lol I wanna pvp a ship, have them try and blunder me and I fake die just to see if I can get away with it 🤣🤣😱

• @tubiansayne

I would love something of a Legend curse too, even in a mask with the glowy eyes. 😵😎👍On top of masks, jewelry and piercings, we need more curses too! 👏😄👌

Lol that conversation, that's too funny. 😂😋 I have the same kind of fun with my friends when I play, it's just silly and so many laughs sometimes, I love it! 🤣If you do get hit by another ship in PvP and you do the fake die emote and get away with it, you have to make a clip of it lol. 😁🙌🤭

• @spiralout46and2

I have clips for dayyyyyssssssss 🤣

I have flipped over my galleon..TWICE so its floating in the water sails down

I killed a meg with a sword

Flipped a sloop over...drove over a dock with a sloop, sailed ONTO islands, parked in the little pond on mermaids hideaway, parked inside the water of daggertooth

Flew through the air lol

I record all the things! One of my crewmates said it's her goal to make a YouTube video with me cuz I'm rediculus ha ha

So I promise I'll record that too!

And I want the legend curse, an ashen curse where I look like I'm burning, mermaid curse maybe? All the curses!

• @nabberwar I would be hesitant to make ALL masks PL only, but I think that there could be some basic masks available, with the most lucrative ones requiring "Achievement + PL"

• @closinghare208 Briggsy and the Masked Reaper both had masks on, with that precedent, it wouldn't be hard for an enterprising shopkeep to set up a mask-making business to cash in on the mystery

• @tubiansayne

Your clips are hilarious, I've seen a few of them lol. I saw one the other day of your Elemental skinned Galleon up on the sand of an Outpost - I have noooo idea how you even do that, but it was too funny lol! 😵🤔🤷‍♀️😂👌🌴🥳

I have also never flipped a ship over and floated it belly up before lol. 😲🥴🤪😂👏

Bring on the curses! All of the curses - I even want a pineapple curse too. Nope, I don't know what a pineapple curse would be, exactly, but I want it lol. 🤔🤭🍍🤸‍♀️🎉

• @spiralout46and2

Omg I forgot you can see em!

I keep trying to edit those videos but the xbox video editor is sooooooo garbageeeeee lol I cant even trim down a video without it breaking!

Ha ha we just got a new guy in playing with us who streams to and hes constantly screaming at me to the point where I'm laughing so hard I can't breathe lol SAYNE! AGAIN!? WHAT ARE YOU DOIN!? 🤣🤣🤣

I am very curious how a pineapple curse would go 🤔 pineapple hair and scarily skin?? I'm curious now 🤣

Views
21 out of 50