Xbox players and using a keyboard to type in-game messages.

• Hello there,

since the newest update and the ability to toggle off crossplay (kinda) Xbox players, who use a controller for gameplay, can't use a keyboard for communication anymore.

Now I don't know if this is intended or not. The point of the new setting is to be matched with other players using the same peripheral equipment, but in my opinion the game should let you choose if you want to use the keyboard for gameplay, for text messages or for both.

Communication is still important in the game and using your keyboard to quickly type messages is easier than using the pirate chat wheel and/or emotes to get your point across.

Views
    xbox onefeedback
  • The point of the xbox-only servers is to be able to play in fair environment with other players without having to buy additional equipment. The communication plays a huge part in pvp so players with the controller only would be at disadvantage.

• The clue is in the settings you choose. Xbox Players with controllers.

• Want to use your keyboard? Opt-in.

• Mic
    Every xbox player has one. No typing required.

• Excuse me, as I been informed numerous times, Opt-out is a keyboard free zone. Why should you get the advantage of precisely worded typed responses to your crew-mates? However, Opt-in welcomes you brother, we welcome you with love.

• Whether it's Adventure or Arena, the fact that you need to force yourself to play with PC players in order to use your keyboard for text messages is quite a letdown.

@BurnBacon Language barriers are a thing. And that's not the point here.

• @senkei88 said in Xbox players and using a keyboard to type in-game messages.:

Whether it's Adventure or Arena, the fact that you need to force yourself to play with PC players in order to use your keyboard for text messages is quite a letdown.

@BurnBacon Language barriers are a thing. And that's not the point here.

If you search the forum, I think someone found a way to link the Xbox App on their mobile to their console and they can use their mobile to text chat. You could try that.

• @withmyapologies I've tried that and still can't quite get it to work. 😥

• @galactic-geek said in Xbox players and using a keyboard to type in-game messages.:

@withmyapologies I've tried that and still can't quite get it to work. 😥

Yeah my crewmate tried it and it didn't work for her either. I think it did work for some people in the thread I read, I'm not going to spend time finding it though as I don't need it! That's for you to do @Senkei88! xD

• The fact that this is brought up makes me wonder how many times a player goes off saying they knew it was a PC player from text chat but here we are with an xbox player saying he can't use text chat anymore and asking to be allowed to. Lol. This is just too surreal sometimes.

• So I (being a worthless xbox player) was playing on an xbox only server today, but definitely witnessed some custom messages going on from another ship. So it would seem that SOMEBODY figured out how to get a keyboard into opt out...

Views
xbox onefeedback
1 out of 12