Short story: The Goodboy saved my life today

• I have been working on the Legends of the Sea when the most interesting "feature" happened...

While I was atop the Crooked Masts looking for the book near beacon (which I did not find even though I am pretty sure I already have a commendation with it...) a brigantine pulled up one sail and started to make a slow circle towards my lonely ship. I had to jump for it to make it in time and so I did. At that moment the Megalodon music started playing. Me being still docked, it was clear the meg was going for them, but we were too close to the shore. I dropped the sails down and started blasting front of their ship with cannonballs, they took few hits, rammed into me, I took few hits, something really bad exploded that left the back of my ship full of holes which quickly filled the ship to the verge of sinking. While I was repairing the tattered sloop, the meg started attacking them so it seemed like a good idea to turn the ship around to give them few more hits before making my escape while they deal with the meg or that's what I thought.

After I completed my attack, the brigantine ignored the meg and turned towards mine ship in attempt to pursue, but that's when my ship got a miraculous speed boost...
    Goodboy speed boost
    The brigantine got so much baffled by it that they stopped... but we, I and the Goodboy, continued...
    Goodboy and me almost naked because the game doesn't save clothes after logging out
    ...for many, many squares, during which he even helped me to avoid many, many big and small rocks (because somebody was too much preoccupied watching the shark)...
    Goodboy pushing the ship in the Devil's Roar near volcano
    ... it was a lovely journey until his wife Megan screamed at him that their kids kidnapped a little mermaid or something and so he had to leave...
    Goodboy slowing down, Megan in the back waiting for him
    ... we got all the way from the Crooked Masts to the Ruby's Fall.
    The map of Devil's Roar including the Ruby's Fall
    It was a great adventure that ended way too soon due to unfortunate family matters.

On more serious note, seems like it got stuck in the rowboat somehow.
    On less serious note, a family of peacefull megalodons would be great addition to the empty seas - and they could perhaps even hunt the nasty sharks that bug swimmers from time to time.

Views
1 out of 1