I saw some shredded black sails last night.

• We came across a galleon last night that had solid black shredded sails. I have nearly every sail in the game but these were different than anything I've seen! Very ghostly looking!

Views
  • @Dag-13eRniT
    Possibly the Inky Kraken sails?

I can't think of many others that are torn and black, but I may be forgetting some.

• @withmyapologies I'm thinking maybe they were the Black Friday Sails.....

• Hmm, I guess it's possible (since you're the one that seen them not me), but those ones aren't torn/shredded.

Maybe it will forever remain a mystery 🙂

• Skeleton Ship?

• @phantaxus sagte in I saw some shredded black sails last night.:

Skeleton Ship?

Was my first thought too.

• @bugaboo-bill said in I saw some shredded black sails last night.:

@phantaxus sagte in I saw some shredded black sails last night.:

Skeleton Ship?

Was my first thought too.

yeah but there sails aren't black it could be a dev ship with new sails that they only have

• @closinghare208 It was a player galleon with solid black sails with many vertical tears (shredded) from top to bottom. It looked a little like a ghost galleon but I boarded it at Reapers Hideout and stole some of their fish before getting killed. I saw it at a few locations throughout the night. I'm wondering if another area of the world had a promotion for it? France, Brazil etc.....

• Maybe the Festival of the Damned sails?

I know these aren't torn, but they are ghostly! (maybe those vertical lines gave off the impression of being torn top to bottom?) I think these are pretty rare too (maybe not in terms of ownership, but people actually equipping them) as I don't often see them out on the seas.

There's a list of every sail in the game here: https://seaofthieves.gamepedia.com/Sails

• @dag-13ernit said in I saw some shredded black sails last night.:

@closinghare208 It was a player galleon with solid black sails with many vertical tears (shredded) from top to bottom. It looked a little like a ghost galleon but I boarded it at Reapers Hideout and stole some of their fish before getting killed. I saw it at a few locations throughout the night. I'm wondering if another area of the world had a promotion for it? France, Brazil etc.....

maybe but our dear mate @Musicmee would have let us know and I still think it's a dev ship

• @dag-13ernit @ClosingHare208

There are no international promotions that I am aware of...

• @musicmee said in I saw some shredded black sails last night.:

@dag-13ernit @ClosingHare208

There are no international promotions that I am aware of...

ok

• @musicmee Have you heard of the aforementioned sails by chance?

• Could of been the battle of the wilds sails not sure exactly what they are called they were available during the introduction of skeleton fleet battles.. they are not black but a deep puprle with shredded sails.. could look black at night time 🤔

• Could have been ghost sails? Did they have a glowing green emblem on em? The ghost sails are black and are torn alt text

• It twas the Black Pearl Mateys!

• @letslipthedogs said in I saw some shredded black sails last night.:

It twas the Black Pearl Mateys!

i wish mate

• @navillicious Not ghost or Wilds sails. I have them. Solid black shredded 4 times more than the shreds in the nighshine parrot sails. Solid black.

• Could it be a cosmetic glitch?

There used to be one you could do with the Kraken hull. You would put a certain hull on first then switch to Kraken and it would give you an all metallic purple boat. It was fixed in an update but this has me wondering if a similar thing can be done with sails?

• @phantaxus Good thinking! It may be a glitch. Maybe black sails after krakens?

• Whatever it was, I want em!

Views
20 out of 21