what is the point in having canons in this game?

• There is no ship to ship pvp in this game canons do like no damage at all and all someone does is jump off with a gunpowder barrel and take you out in one its actually trash i thought i would be in luck when arena came out but nah they had to throw in digging up chests for points.

Views
  • @ooo-trig-ooo What are you talking about? Cannons are a one shot kill if you hit a player, but are meant for damaging ships. Firebombs don't do direct damage to the ship, but lights players on fire and causes chaos (they will also detonate explosive barrels if you light the mast on fire). Finally, cursed cannonballs are FANTASTIC at ship to ship combat. If you are not going to use the tools at your disposal and use them correctly (that is, at a distance) then of course you are going to be out of luck

• @nuklrghandi i agree, you can have alot of fun with cannons but i can't help but feel alot of the time combat is decided by getting onto another players ship to stop them repairing. Thats all part of the stratergy of the game i know but to have a game mode which is just Ship vs Ship (3 ships v 3 ships to make it interesting) (cannons only) would be cool.

• There is no ship to ship pvp in this game canons do like no damage at all

We even playing the same game? Just because you fail to grasp the effectiveness of cannons, doesn't mean the rest of us do. Kegs are by far the easiest thing to counter in this game. Any ship that carries them puts themselves at risk of receiving damage from them. With the inception of Ships Damage 2.0 their is physically no place for these bad boys to be stored safely. Add onto the fact that any person carrying them is also carrying the tool to their own demise.

• Cannons are for pve lol

• @ooo-trig-ooo said in what is the point in having canons in this game?:

There is no ship to ship pvp in this game canons do like no damage at all and all someone does is jump off with a gunpowder barrel and take you out in one its actually trash i thought i would be in luck when arena came out but nah they had to throw in digging up chests for points.

buddy if you hit the same spot more than once then cannons do alot of stuff and cannons are still powerful

• Cannons are for firing yourself through the air, but you can also put cannonballs and other things in them too.

• We sink almost everyone with regular cannonballs and good old-fashioned naval tactics. Boarding is not part of our strategy. Our weak area is direct PvP, so we're careful to repel boarders and avoid kegs. As long as we're well-supplied and can keep the battle on the seas, we'll sink you eventually. It's only a matter of time.

• what is the point in having canons in this game?

Clerical support.

• He's a troll baiting you guys. Ignore him.

• @fearthebeardig i hate people who post stuff like this lol

Views
1 out of 11