Unpopular opinion, the reskin megalodons ruin it.

• I don't know why I feel this way about the extra megalodons, but for me personally they drain the uniqueness out of the entire aspect. I enjoyed it a lot more when it was just the Hungering One, the others just make me sad.

Views
  • How can you say such things about megan 🤕

She's me favorit fish you can even jump on her and ride it!

I love her in just any colour she likes to fish around in 🙆‍♂️🐠

• Why are people complaining about things with more than 1 year old now?

🤔

• @nunoazuldimeter not everyone was here a year ago, and even if they were, they can still dislike something.

I like it personally. I like variety. It would be cool if they added a white meg that would be harder to find, but still possible to find.

• I just hate that they added a fake commendation for one of the colours that doesn't exist cause they didn't put it in the game. Seems unfair.

• The Hungering Deep was so much fun. I can't remember any time since then that I've laughed, drank, played music and just chatted with so many other crews. What a fantastic social event. And Meg was pretty scary too!

There is only one true Meg. The rest are all just cheap plastic fakes.

• @klutchxking518 if he remembers when it used to be only one meg, he was here.

That's not what I am pointing, everyone can talk about whatever they desire.
    But it's something old, something with roots that has/had reasons to happen and to stay.

Now more than one year later it comes to the surface just because.. makes no sense.

• @viperishemu2992 That is exactly how I feel!

• @nunoazuldimeter Its because it just recently dawned on me how much I don't like them lol. When they first got added I was like "okay, that's kinda cool I guess" but now I just don't like them. But I can totally see why people would.

• I just wish we could summon the meg again rather than waiting for RNG spawn and RNG color.

• @rubywyvern I personally think that the Meg being frequent isn't what I miss about the hungering deep (although I wouldn't mind it being a little less rare). What I really miss about that expansion was how it brought the community together in a way that we haven't really seen since. While alliances tried to revive some of that feeling, the closest I felt was the Skeleton thrones. As much as it can be tiring to be forced into cooperation, I feel that it breeds a much more interesting interaction. What I would like to see is an event where alliances are forced to go head to head competing to complete objectives. This would be a mean feat, but I feel like it would really amplify the uniquely "Sea of Thieves Experience"

• @eratikstorm said in Unpopular opinion, the reskin megalodons ruin it.:

I just wish we could summon the meg again rather than waiting for RNG spawn and RNG color.

You can! You have to play the Meg shanty at midnight on the 12th of the month whilst sailing in the Devil's Roar. You must be dancing on the bowsprit and wearing the Sea Dog pegleg! Oh! And you must have pink hair! Good luck!

That's the rumour I heard on the seas from an old pirate who was telling me tall tales! I'm sure it's probably true.

• @eratikstorm

I think that it would be neat to have both. The weaker Megs would still be random encounters, but you could do a new voyage that would culminate in summoning the much deadlier Hungering One.

• IMHO, instead of always a normal shark spawning to get you in the water.. add a slim chance that a meg comes for you, circles you once then goes in. One bite, your screen red, and then the ferry.

• they are a loot delivery system. its great

• @klutchxking518 said in Unpopular opinion, the reskin megalodons ruin it.:

@nunoazuldimeter not everyone was here a year ago, and even if they were, they can still dislike something.

I like it personally. I like variety. It would be cool if they added a white meg that would be harder to find, but still possible to find.

lol.. got em!

• @withmyapologies said in Unpopular opinion, the reskin megalodons ruin it.:

@eratikstorm said in Unpopular opinion, the reskin megalodons ruin it.:

I just wish we could summon the meg again rather than waiting for RNG spawn and RNG color.

You can! You have to play the Meg shanty at midnight on the 12th of the month whilst sailing in the Devil's Roar. You must be dancing on the bowsprit and wearing the Sea Dog pegleg! Oh! And you must have pink hair! Good luck!

That's the rumour I heard on the seas from an old pirate who was telling me tall tales! I'm sure it's probably true.

Haha.

• Really though it would be cooler if you were randomly attacked much less often and you had to summon them and they did more, have more loot

• @pirate-hanzo Noooo, then everyone would have the Shrouded Ghost commendation because everyone would grind out megs until they all had one.

I like using hoarded treasure and a chunk of Kraken meat and just sailing around until they spawn. Much more fun to have to hunt them.

Views
17 out of 19