Exotic silks

• Anyone have any handy tips on finding boxes of exotic silks for the achievement? Apart from shipwrecks and beach combing can’t think of any other way of getting any.

Views
  • @alonelyphantom I'm not sure, but as the Rare video about this update shows many silks on the ship you maybe get a lot of them when purchasing the gilded merchant voyage...I can't confirm this, as I bought the athena one

• The ones you buy off the merchant for cargo runs are luxurious cloth. I tried selling one at the Reapers hideout but she would not accept it. So I’m guessing it’s the red ones like the sugar and tea boxes.

• Forts are very likely to give you some.

• @weedstar-deluxe
    @ALonelyPhantom Correct. She wants the red crates, not the cargo pieces. The merchant voyage Duke has for sale leads to 40 of them. 8 different forts with 5 each. If you already purchased a voyage from Duke, I would try doing forts or searching shipwrecks. You might find them washed up on beaches too.

• They can also be found with barrels floating in the water, Meg can drop them, skelly ships can drop them, Kraken can drop them. Basically check everywhere and fight everything!

• My plan (so long as it doesn’t breach the rules) is as follows;

Make an alt account and get the gilded voyage from Duke. Inv a friend, slam down the voyage, leave, get a friend to inv my main account.

Go.

Thankfully I have two other SoT players in my house, so I’ll get chests/skulls from them. Silk from the alt, and AC from my main.

• Seen a large increase in spawns on Island shores and Shipwrecks

• @kaloudz said in Exotic silks:

My plan (so long as it doesn’t breach the rules) is as follows;

Make an alt account and get the gilded voyage from Duke. Inv a friend, slam down the voyage, leave, get a friend to inv my main account.

Go.

Thankfully I have two other SoT players in my house, so I’ll get chests/skulls from them. Silk from the alt, and AC from my main.

OP try this ^

Should help you out :)

• @testakleze Unfortunately there is no guaranteed way to find the Silks, but they do seem to be a rather regular spawn, particularly in the Floatsam (floating barrels) and Shipwreck spawns. I would recommend going from wreck to wreck if possible, and keeping an eye out for flotsam that spawns in front of you. It will depend heavily on luck, but so does everything else, in a way.

• @kaloudz sagte in Exotic silks:

My plan (so long as it doesn’t breach the rules) is as follows;

Go.

Nice, didn't think of that, will do this

• This is not the way to comb the island for silks. (https://giphy.com/gifs/spaceballs-gZdxB5zEX5ic8)

• @schwammlgott Way I see it, it’s a nice way to grind some loot and gold. I’ll be hitting up this tactic at the weekend.

• From my experience, skeleton ships drop silks quite often. I think they're pretty common in the skeleton forts as well.
    I was surprised that I finished the silks commendation last night. We looted each ship from the skelly fleet, and did a number of forts. We also grabbed silks wherever we found them in the world.

They've definitely always been a common merchant crate floating in the sea - either with barrels of plenty or from defeating an enemy (meg, kraken skeleton ships).

• Without the help of voyages, I would think the captain's chests would be the hardest to find. As far as random loot, fort vaults, and emergent threats go, you'll probably find more silks than captain's chests. The skulls will probably be the easiest with all the emergent captains/guardians/ key masters spawning on islands. That is just my speculation on if you didn't use any voyages to try to find them though. RNG may treat you differently.

• Sail around small islands and check the sand. Washed up items always appear on sand. Hit shipwrecks and fight every skeleton/meg/kracken you see along the way. Forts are good too. Also keep an eye out for barrels, they can spawn there too.

Farming them might not be ideal though, its best to just keep an eye out for them when doing other voyages and stuff.

• @electricknights said in Exotic silks:

From my experience, skeleton ships drop quite often.
    I was surprised that I finished the silks commendation last night. We looted each ship from the skelly fleet..

Definitely this.👍

I have not even been trying for Exotic Silks yet but across the last two days of playing, I have turned 9 in. Most have been from skeleton ships! I think one was from a random skelly sloop that emerged on us and another 1 or 2 was from shipwrecks. All the rest have been from going under the red ship cloud and fighting the fleet that emerges on you. Yesterday I was playing with 2 friends on a Brig and we did a fleet of skelly ships and at the end of it, we had 4 Exotic Silks. And that was just from one encounter of clearing the fleet. So if you don't want to use the Gilded voyages just for the Exotic Silks, they are definitely doable by going under the red ship clouds and fighting the fleets. From talking to friends, it seems you get an average of 4-5 Exotic Silks per fleet being cleared, although it can vary a little bit. I'm just going to keep doing it this way. 👏🌊👍

• @alonelyphantom Hey, so the gilded merchant quest gives about 40 crates of silk, so you may wanna give that a shot

• @kaloudz my crew did this as well. As you stated, hoping it doesn’t violate any rules 🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️

• @alonelyphantom very many of them spawn at floating supply barrels, almost every 2nd one I stopped at had silks in it

• @alonelyphantom Forts drop them in abundance, as do most sea encounters. It seems like they spawn a lote more since the last event went live.

Besides that there's the Guilded Merchants voyage that gives 8 maps worth of silks. That's 40 silk crates, just have one of your friends choose that and pop it, then you have 4 peeps getting the commendation for just 1 voyage.

• Gilded merchant quest gave me like 40 exotic silk crates

Views
22 out of 23