Gamepass Ultimate, can you play on PC and Xbox with only 1 purchase of gamepass ultimate?

• Hi,
    Sorry if this topic has been covered before or if this is the right place to ask. But I have gamepass ultimate and have installed SoT on both my PC and Xbox one X. But I can't seem to play with my son at the same time. Every time I launch the game it says "You're signed in to this game on another device". But the funny thing is, on the first day I got this, it was working. After that I can no longer play with my son. I have my main xbox account with gamepass ultimate and I have created a normal Microsoft account for my son. Do I have to buy purchase another gamepass for my son for us to play together?

Thanks for any help!

Views
  • @j-sharp-onet From my experience, you would need to make sure to actually sign out of the account on one platform. Just signing in to another account didn't sign me out on another device.

If you click on the "Designate a home Xbox" link, It says that you can share games from a game pass subscription with anyone who signs into your home xbox.

• @jwack22
    Thanks for the reply. I have set my xbox one x as my home xbox. My son can log in with his account and play SoT but when I log onto my PC with my account it says "You're signed in to this game on another device". But if I totally sign out of my xbox then when my son tries to play it says I have to sign in with my account(the one with the gamepass). It's strange cause when he plays SoT you can see it's his account with his gamertag.

• @triheadedmonkey
    Thanks for the reply. Yes it's strange cause if I totally sign out of my xbox then my son can't play SoT cause the gamepass ultimate is tied to my account.

• @j-sharp-onet 🤔

Is your son's account added/linked to your 'Family'? (https://support.xbox.com/en-US/browse/xbox-one/security/Xbox One family)

• @triheadedmonkey
    Yes

• I messaged the support team. Apparently you can share the game with other xbox console. But game share does not work on PC. But it's strange how it worked for one day when I tried it out for the first time with my son.

Views
7 out of 8